The Inside Technical Sales Specialist is responsible for consumable sales for the Technical Reagents portfolio with a focus on stem cells, molecular biology, Epigenetics and Smartflare.
Achieve the Sales target by:
Manages the entire sales process for the Bioscience specific technical products lines, target accounts and sales opportunities via phone, webex, e-mail…
- Selling the assigned product lines, according to Merck-Millipore Bioscience (BI) priorities within an assigned territory.
- Developing and implementing sales strategies and tactics aligned with BI strategy whilst balancing effort and time among “Protect, Convert and Expand” activities according to territory profile.
· Schedules and conducts technical seminars and attends conferences, exhibitions with an objective to generate effective connections with potential customers. Effectively manages appropriately technical discussions with key customers to ensure understanding and adoption of Merck Millipore products and services within his/her areas of responsibility. The individual must be able to deep dive into complex scientific concepts as well as communicate in a concise and effective manner, especially when speaking publicly.
· Includes engaging with existing customers and qualified sales leads, guiding customers to the Bioscience product solution that best meet their needs, coordinating with internal resources to address customer questions/objections, providing budgetary pricing, creating and submitting individualized quotes, negotiating, overcoming obstacles and closing the sales process through the point of order receipt.
· Works collaboratively with other sales reps (field or inside) to meet and exceed sales quotas for the defined product line and sales territory.
· Includes establishing new customers and growing existing customer accounts.
Establishes and maintains strong, positive, productive relationships with customer accounts including product end-users, management and purchasing contacts.
· Makes outbound contact to existing and prospective customers to identify sales opportunities, promote relevant sales promotional programs and initiate the sales process.
· Responsible for entering and maintaining customers’ information, lead and sales opportunity forecast, funding source and competitive intelligence data into our CRM database.
· Takes ownership of personal technical skills to keep pace with changes within the marketplace and increase your number of sales opportunities: Always read the Bioscience Brief and attend or review the internal weekly Bioscience TALK. Use all the existing tools and materials (Millipore University, i-learning, product literature) in order to develop scientific knowledge and increase selling efficiency. Seek to expand personal knowledge through conversations with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), scientific literature, sessions at conferences attended, and appropriate training sessions as available.
· Respects, lives and shares with external and internal customers the Merck-Millipore values
Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp and master highly technical concepts and articulate them well to others.
- M.S. or PhD with effective lab experiences in Cellular & molecular Biology and Immunology. Knowledge about flow cytometry is a real plus.
- Minimum 2 years successful technical sales experience in the Lifescience market with a complete understanding of competition, product positioning and target markets and proven success in developing long term customer relationships.
· Outstanding listening, verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of customer personality types. Used to work well with highly educated research scientist customers.
· Strong ability to indentify customer needs, obstacles to the sales process and solutions using Bioscience products & services.
Strong business sense, instinct and personal drive. Team goal oriented with a focus on achieving team sales performance metrics through personal contribution and teamwork.
· Efficient time management skills with the ability to stay focused on primary business objectives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
· Proficient with using a computer, typing fast, using Microsoft Office ( Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and modern telecommunication media like webex. Experience working with SalesForce.com or a similar CRM database is a plus.
The Allstate Corporation serves as the holding company for Allstate Insurance Company. The Company’s business is conducted principally...