Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Mechanical Reliability Engineer II
We are seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer with experience in the Mechanical Reliability discipline to join our Mission Assurance team.
What you’ll do:
· Participate as member of design team to select, evaluate, and document electronic, electrical, mechanical, and optical parts for various missions including space, military and airborne.
· Perform mechanical analyses:
o Stress analysis
o Reliability prediction
o Failure Modes, Effects, and Criticality Analysis (FMEA, FMECA)
o Limited Life Analysis
o Fault Tree Analysis and/or Probabilistic Risk Assessment (preferred)
· Devise and apply mitigation techniques to prevent premature wear-out of designs.
· Assess acceptability for missions including methods to assure elimination of infant mortality and assure high probability of life survival.
· Investigate physics of failure of mechanical components.
What you´ll need:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or a related technical field is strongly preferred, plus 5 or more years of related experience.
- 5 or more years of continuous, related, progressive experience in the Mechanical Engineering and/or Reliability Engineering disciplines is desired.
- Collaborative working skills.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, the successful candidate must possess a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and to exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level.
- Each higher level degree, Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience.
- Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- A current active Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) is preferred.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Ball Aerospace - 14 months ago