• Serve as first-line support for location Financial Aid staff regarding policies, procedures and conflict resolution.
• Hands on support of all financial aid functions including serving students and parents.
• Evaluate staff training needs on an on-going basis and provide training as needed on both an individual and group basis.
• Prepare employee performance appraisals and other developmental or disciplinary interventions.
• Provide ongoing assessment and training of Financial Aid staff.
• Ensure office compliance with federal, state and institutional regulations through regular review of student files.
• Ensure accurate and timely processing of withdrawal and graduate files in compliance with federal regulations.
• Maintain complete and accurate student files for current students, withdrawals, graduates and prospects.
• Provide ethical leadership to office staff in support of departmental and institutional standards.
• Work collaboratively with the Financial Aid Directors at other campuses and the Director of Student Finance to coordinate aid disbursements, file transfers and staffing issues.
• Serve on campus executive committee. Work collaboratively with other campus Administrators to encourage and support student retention and graduation.
• Other duties as assigned
• Ensure that all members of the campus Financial Aid Office staff provide excellent service to students, applicants and colleagues.
• Communicate efficiently and effectively with students regarding eligibility, file status, deadlines and missing information or documents.
• Represent the Financial Aid Office at campus events, open houses, meetings, and external functions. Prepare and provide informational presentations to students, prospective students and other interested parties as needed.
• Work collaboratively with Admissions Directors to coordinate Financial Aid staff availability for prospective student interviews and delivery of award packages.
• Work collaboratively with Director of Student Accounts to maintain the accuracy of student account records and to facilitate achievement of campus collection targets.
• Work collaboratively with Campus Operating Officer regarding campus and student related issues
Manage a staff of 4
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Strong analytical, interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
• Detail-oriented and organized. Capable of working reliably with minimal supervision..
• May not be delinquent or in default on any student loan. May not owe an overpayment of any federal or state grant.
• Professional and courteous demeanor required at all times.
• Comfortable using personal computer software applications such as MS Office, as well as familiarity with integrated financial aid management software
• Ability to meet volume quotas while maintaining accuracy and adhering to the highest ethical standards.
• Prior experience administering federal Title IV financial aid at the director level preferred.
• PeopleSoft experience preferred.
Berkeley College - 18 months ago