The Campaign Manager works within the ExactTarget Services team to manage the process of executing email campaigns. The Campaign Manager serves as the primary point of client interaction, responsible for all non-technical client communication. They are accountable for the accuracy, timeliness, and consistency of all campaigns executed on behalf of the client.
o Campaign Request Forms (CRFs)
- Working with the client and key members of the Design and Campaign Solutions teams to develop a client-specific set of workflows, documents, reporting, schedules and service level agreements to support the client's ongoing campaign needs. This may include but is not limited to:
o Campaign and client-specific editorial calendars, including scheduled send times, client input and approval dates, and other key time-based responsibilities for each party involved
o Rules of engagement and/or service level agreements that indicate agreed-upon turnaround times for emails of varying complexity, CRF submission deadlines, content and email approval deadlines, the impact or consequences of re-work or in-process changes, guidelines and processes for rush requests and other information as appropriate. Where required, the Campaign Manager will work with ExactTarget legal and members of ExactTarget Services senior management to create and gain signature of a formal Service Level Agreement document.
o Campaign Configuration Guides to ensure consistency in execution for ExactTarget resources.
o Amends form to be used to communicate changes to campaigns.
o Receiving Campaign Request Forms, creative and data assets and validating the completeness and accuracy with the client
- Serving as the primary point of contact for the client, and managing the communication process, including:
o Communicate and negotiate the feasibility and timing of rush/one-off campaigns (in accordance with SLA)
o Updating CRF with in-process changes and ensuring that both the client and the ExactTarget resources associated with the campaign are aware of those changes
- Assigning resources (in engagements where there is a dedicated Campaign team) or ensuring that ET Services Operations and appropriate members of the Campaign Solutions, Design and Deployment Solutions teams are appropriately engaged in the resource assignment process
- Managing the issue escalation process for send errors or SLA violations
- Managing the financial and resource utilization of the campaign engagement, including ownership of the OpenAir Project, communication of utilization to the customer on a regular basis, and resolution for under/over utilized projects.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field; or equivalent experience with demonstrated proficiency.
- 3 – 5 years experience in project or program management, traffic management, or managing marketing campaigns or editorial calendars.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Outstanding negotiation skills with a relentless commitment to balancing ExactTarget and client advocacy to achieve mutually beneficial results.
- Strong ability to effectively manage multiple assignments across teams in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; exceptionally organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to provide clients with best practices guidance related to current email, interactive, cross-channel marketing trends.
- Power user of Microsoft Office to produce client-facing documentation, presentations, process maps, and dashboards.
- Familiarity with project management tools, e.g. Microsoft Project, OpenAir, etc.
ExactTarget.com - 21 months ago