Android Application Software Engineer
Come now and join our innovative team in developing amazing Intel experiences using Android. We are looking for experienced Android software engineers. You will need to have experience developing mobile applications for Android platforms, have sound knowledge of software engineering practices including code reviews, coding standards, source control management and unit testing. Solid understanding of Android internals is a plus. You will be an Android application developer interfacing with the low level system software. If this describes you, come join us and put your Android skills to work making Intel's Mobile Devices simply the best..
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
Excellent interpersonal relations and teamwork skills
Excellent problem solving skills, debug skills
A quick learner, self-motivated to work independently on designing new software
Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
Software Engineers conduct or participate in multidisciplinary research and collaborate with design, layout and/or hardware engineers in the design, development, and utilization of productivity enhancement layout tools and design rule checkers, electronic data processing systems software. Determines computer user needs, advises hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements, designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgement and formal software process.
- BS + 3 yrs. exp.; MS + 2 yrs. exp. in CS.
- Expertise in architecting/designing/developing well responsive Android applications across a spectrum of OS, devices and resolutions.
- Proficient in Java, XML, C/C++
- 2+ years experience with Android SDK, Android NDK and JNI
- Experience with Eclipse IDE
- Strong design, development and debug skills
- Strong software engineering skills including code reviews, coding standards, source control management and unit testing
- Experience at the kernel, native, and application framework layers within Android.
- Excellent interpersonal relations and teamwork skills
- Good problem solving skills, debug skills
- A quick learner, self-motivated to work independently on designing new software
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Experience with the Android OS Linux development environments, including HAL layers and Android OS Framework is highly desirable
- Experience in Linux kernel programming is highly desirable
- Experience working with FUSE is highly desirable
- Agile programming experience
- Familiarity with Intel Architecture
Mar 22, 2013
Mar 23, 2014
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 14 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
At Intel, we see more inside the every day. We see potential, opportunity...