The Applications Support Engineer will be responsible for operational support of the security alarm signal path, associated security monitoring applications at our Protection-net Center in Plymouth, MN for Stanley Convergent Security Solutions. This position will also require the candidate to act as escalation support for field install and service technicians.
-Experience in operationally supporting security alarm monitoring (burg, fire, panic) (3-5 years).
-This candidate will be expected to share in the support responsibilities of the existing applications, signal path, and customer alarm panels.
-This position will also require answering ‘hotline’ calls in support of field install and service technicians.
Specific Responsibility Areas:
· Provide escalation support for field technicians performing installs/service of new alarm panels/systems.
· Troubleshooting production issues related to our production, customer facing applications (SBN, Pacom, WinPak, Ozvision, Rapideye, RSI Videofied), signal path equipment (Surgard, Bosch, DMP, Telgard, Ademco), and customer premise equipment (Bosch, AlarmNet, DMP, DSC).
· Ability to overcome obstacles and encounter the unexpected and continue moving forward
· Ability to take risks on new ideas and learn from failures
· Ability to understand, promote, and lead business unit initiatives
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are required
· Ability to work in and foster a team environment
· Strong time management and organizational skills required
· Experience with relational databases preferably SQL Server.
· Proficient in MS Word, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
· At least 3 to 5 years experience in operational support of security alarm monitoring, and signal path technologies.
· Ability to work under demanding business environment
· Strong experience in supporting production applications in a security monitoring center
Stanley Black & Decker - 2 years ago
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history...