Development of Strategic Roadmaps for assigned program coverage areas:
* Collaborate with business team across USMI to identify and define key strategic initiatives and programs critical to business productivity and financial (MYP) objectives
* Develop and integrate strategic business requirements into US MI IT Roadmap planning activities including determination of appropriate scope/phase/timing for assigned programs
* Provide subject matter expertise to assist business leaders with industry and company best practices as programs are being designed. This will include performing industry analysis/benchmarking research, obtaining market intelligence on competitor capabilities, working with Corporate and other Genworth business to identify internal best practices.
Execute on all assigned strategic programs including:
* Coordinate with business leaders to development business requirements
* Develop program management documentation- include program charters, project plans business case analysis, program financials (budget/ capital requirements) and any other required analysis.
* Lead program execution- include establishing reoccurring program reviews/meeting with key stakeholders and enterprise delivery teams (IT, Operations, Commercial) for all key stages of assigned programs
* Ensure appropriate coordination and engagement with cross-functional teams to deliver on program milestones. Ensure milestones are delivered on time and in budget
* Manage daily activities, issue resolution and communication to the business, user community and technical leads through meetings and reporting on program status.
* Monitor program effectiveness by analyzing and reporting on program metrics (i.e. productivity efficiency targets) for newly implemented programs
* Work closely with technical leads, business leaders and Vendor Relations to lead vendor engagement and vendor selection activities for selected strategic programs. This includes development of SOW requirements, vendor capability analysis and vendor selection recommendations.
* Utilize PMP project management rigor to bound, frame and lead strategic program
* Utilize Six Sigma, LEAN, and other productivity improvement methodologies to evaluate strategic opportunities where needed
* Utilize knowledge of SDLC & Agile development methodology to drive implementation where needed
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
* 5 years project management experience and proven successful implementation of strategic project initiatives
* General understanding of a multi-tiered technology stack using a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
* General understanding of Saas Based solutions
* Experience developing & executing strategy
* Ability to effectively translate and communicate information technology strategies and software solutions
* Strong general working knowledge of process migration methodologies; ability to view processes from the customer's perspective
* Ability to develop and prepare business analyses, recommendations, and executive-level presentations
* Exceptional analytical/problem solving/planning ability
* Effective time management and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple priorities
* Organizes and expresses ideas (written and orally) concisely and clearly (Communication)
* Effectively builds and maintains strong, strategic relationships and partnerships across the organization (Customer Focus/Collaboration)
* Influences by demonstrating strategic and forward thinking views/ideas (Leadership & Influence)
* Drives to get results in a timely and accurate manner; focuses self and others on agreed-upon goals (Results-Oriented)
* Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems
* PMP Certification
* Six Sigma/Lean Certification
* Prior mortgage industry experience
Genworth Financial, Inc. - 16 months ago
Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading Fortune 500® insurance holding company dedicated to helping people secure their financial lives....