The Floral Specialist is a primary source of contact for our customers. The Floral Specialist impacts the company by satisfying our customers who continue to shop at our stores, thus driving business.
The Floral Specialist is responsible for managing our Floral business which includes pre-mades, designing arrangements and production of special orders. This position provides ideas and inspiration for seasonal product presentation within the department. The Floral Specialist is responsible for driving sales and other key performance metrics within the department. The Floral Specialist will ensure operational standards are in place.
The Specialist has a unique talent and is dedicated to a specific function. Specialists may work in multiple areas of the store during each shift.
Essential Job Functions
Demonstrate awareness of sales and gross margin of products within respective department and take action to improve performance.
Utilize creativity and artistic ability to design and produce special orders.
Produce custom bows per company directive.
Assist in the pre-made floral department of the store with ordering, stocking, and ad signage.
Assist in planning seasonal layout and execution.
Assist in planning and execution of planograms.
Assist in planning and execution of planner.
Assist with placement of floral within the department and store based on seasonality.
Store Operations Review
File appropriate paperwork as it relates to special order purchases and comply with A.C. Moore Finished Goods Standard Operating Procedure.
Quality Customer Care
Rewards Card Program
- Provide Quality Customer Care to all customers by handling customer concerns quickly and sincerely, ringing up purchases with speed and accuracy, and by recovering the store consistently to ensure a positive shopping experience.
- Build and develop relationships with local businesses, schools, hospitals, churches and other community groups.
Drive Reward Card sign-ups to meet company expectations.
We Value People
Supervise, oversee, and assist Associates who assemble floral products.
Perform other duties as requested.
Experience & Educational Requirements
- Adopt and Execute our Values of: People, Integrity, Desire to Be the Best, Passion, Enthusiasm and New Ideas.
Previous experience as a floral designer preferred.
- Flexibility in scheduling; evenings, early mornings, weekends and holidays required.
- Ability to drive sales within the department.
Floral design coursework preferred.
Previous customer service experience required.
High energy level and positive outlook.
Strong communication skills and problem solving skills.
Computer skills preferred.
Experience with arts and crafts preferred.
A.C. Moore Arts & Crafts, Inc. is a specialty retailer of arts, crafts and floral merchandise for a range of customers. As of July 2012,...