Careers with the Transportation Security Administration
Information Security Specialist
Department Of Homeland Security
Transportation Security Administration
At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce.
The Information Security Specialist position is located in the Communications and Data Management Section-Planning, Performance and Data Management Branch, Business Operations Division, Office of Security Capabilities (OSC), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). If selected, you will serve as OSC's Security Program Officer within the Planning, Performance and Data Management (PPDM) Branch of the Business Operations Division (BOD). You will be performing oversight of program management, systems management, and operations of the classified security program within OSC, and other duties as assigned. You will be developing, implementing, and assessing policies and procedures for the safeguarding of national security information in closed processing areas, classified access and network account management, and operation and maintenance of classified storage processing area and equipment.
- Leading security program team subject matter experts to include an Information Systems Security Officer, a System Administrator, and Classified Custodians.
- Providing program management and security controls to ensure adherence to policies and procedures pertaining to classified and sensitive information and equipment.
- Providing systems management for the Homeland Security Data Network (HSDN), Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications Systems (JWICS), COMSEC and other classified data management systems and equipment in adherence with established polices and guidelines.
- Providing operations security and classified custodianship for one or more Temporary Storage Processing Areas (TSPAs) and all physical equipment, data, and information contained within.
- Assessing program risks and providing mitigation strategies to keep the efforts aligned with TSA's Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) goals and objectives.
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures to assess and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of security program initiatives.
- Assisting in capturing data and conducting analysis, evaluations, and studies of existing and planned systems, policies and requirements to ensure compliance with applicable rules and regulations and providing options for training activities.
- Preparing security program budget and funding requirements for inclusion as part of PPDM Branch budget submission and ensuring adherence to funding commitments.
Specialized experience needed for the position includes:
For the SV-I Band Level :
For the SV-J Band Level :
- Assisting with identifying derived classifications for organizational and program level security information and documentation;
- Applying principles, procedures, requirements, regulations and policies to classified information systems and networks [i.e., Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications Systems (JWICS) and Homeland Security Data Network (HSDN)]; and
- Utilizing analytical and evaluative methods, (i.e., metrics, fact-finding, and investigative techniques) to evaluate security program effectiveness, efficiency and productivity.
- Identifying and validating derived classifications for organizational and program level security information and documentation;
- Evaluating system performance and determining user and network requirements; and
- Communicating orally and in writing technical data and information for various audiences and user groups.
Make a world of difference to the traveling public and protect our nation’s transportation infrastructure. Join our team and help TSA secure freedom of movement. You’ll receive competitive compensation and all Federal benefits, including a variety of health insurance options, retirement plan, flexible work schedules and more.
Learn more about this position and apply online today at https://tsajobs.tsa.dhs.gov, referencing Vacancy Announcement HQ-OSC-TA62-12-567389, or call 1.877.872.7990.
DiversityInc - 14 months ago
No, you don't have to remove your shoes to view this record (unless you really want to). Charged with protecting the nation's...