Public Relations Manager
SUSE, an Attachmate Group company
Location: Waltham, MA, Provo, UT or Seattle, WA
SUSE, an open source software pioneer and operating division of The Attachmate Group, is seeking a public relations (PR) manager to oversee the design and execution of SUSE's global PR strategy.
You will be a key individual contributor, directly responsible for corporate communications activities across North America, and for oversight of SUSE's global PR strategy. Working with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, you will design and implement media and PR initiatives that widen SUSE's reach through media and influencers that tell meaningful stories about SUSE, its solutions and its open source enterprise value proposition. You will handle proactive and reactive media relations, execute B2B communication campaigns that increase brand awareness and preference, and manage our North America PR agency.
Key responsibilities include:
The right candidate will have:
- Pro-actively identifying opportunities for increasing awareness and issue response
- Creating and executing comprehensive PR programs and brand building communications campaigns
- Working with the global communication team to support product launches
- Managing key relationships with agencies, press and media partners
- Drafting communications materials like press releases, media alerts and fact sheets
- Working with other key marketing functions to ensure PR efforts are actively integrated into overall marketing plans
- Global monitoring and reporting of results, and adjusting PR strategies and plans
- Minimum 5-7 years corporate PR experience, with some time preferably on the agency side
- Experience in managing external PR agencies to achieve consistent results
- Strong oral communication, writing and editing skills, and ability to translate often complex technical solutions into newsworthy stories
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute influential PR and media campaigns tied to company initiatives, and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Relationship with, or understanding of the IT industry and broader media landscape
- Experience with B2B, social media and enterprise software marketing
- Up to 20% travel required
- Bachelor's degree
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux and cloud infrastructure solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed—today and tomorrow. For more information, visit us at www.suse.com .
Suse - 23 months ago
With more than 340 employees, SuSE Linux AG is one of the world's largest Linux specialists. Thanks to its stability and quality, SuSE Linux...