GEI Consultants, Inc. is a leading consulting engineering firm ranked #122 in the ENR top 500 (2013). We serve hundreds of Government, Energy, Industry and Institutional clients, and have completed 30,000 project engagements throughout the United States, Canada, and more than 20 other countries.
Founded in 1970, our privately held, employee-owned company consists of over 500 employees located in 25 offices across the U.S. GEI’s technical experts are involved in dozens of specialty services emanating from our traditional core practices which include geotechnical, environmental, infrastructure, water resources and ecology.
GEI continues to grow and expand, both in our technical services offerings and geographic coverage. We have current openings for fisheries and aquatic biologists.
- Candidates will be responsible for a variety of project tasks for ongoing ecological projects.
- Responsibilities will include assistance with study design, field sampling, data analysis, report preparation, editing and writing, as well as assisting with client meetings and the development of technical presentations.
- Responsibilities will also include miscellaneous administrative duties, technical development and marketing support to project managers.
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
GEI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- M.S. Degree in Fisheries Ecology, Aquatic Ecology or Biology is required.
- Relevant experience with design and implementation of fish sampling programs.
- Working knowledge of fish sampling gear, such as electro-fishing units, seines, traps etc.
- Experience with evaluation of water quality data preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent computer skills with technical analysis software, experience with data analysis, statistical packages, data presentation and scientific presentations.
GEI Consultants - 6 months ago