First Quality is a privately-held group of manufacturing companies who are leaders in their respective field. The organization is run by hands-on owners with dynamic expansion plans to significantly increase the size of the business over the next few years.
We are looking for Process Engineers for our state-of-the-art, non-wovens facility in Hazleton, PA . This position will be responsible for providing technical support for a nonwovens production line, equipment and procedural changes to constantly improve the areas of safety, quality, and productivity, and is expected to achieve specified company goals for the performance of the line in different categories.
Primary responsibilities include:
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Daily visual inspections all areas of the production line, observing fabric samples, observing roll quality, reviewing quality and production records (Quality Window, Cognex, NDC, Data Works, Production logs, etc.).
- Troubleshooting and correcting quality and process issues in a timely fashion. Seeking help if needed.
- Supporting maintenance on the line.
- Holding weekly maintenance meetings with the production manager and maintenance lead to include reviewing lubrication records for needs, reviewing and prioritizing work on issue list, planning upcoming down time, reviewing previous planned downs for work completion, and issues that arose.
- Coordinating operations activities for downs with production manager.
- Developing, supporting, and implementing continuous improvement initiatives in safety, quality, and productivity.
- Effectively communicating changes, improvements, and issues involving the line to all effected or need to know personnel using letters, reports, etc.
- Updating line records on regular frequency (die change, spinbelt, Cognex, etc.).
- Coordinating/ following up on critical components for operating the line (repairs, supplies, new items, etc.).
- Reviewing, developing, and assisting in training operators on work instructions (ongoing basis).
- Developing and maintaining robust process conditions that are easy to understand and are up to date.
- Supporting R&D including answering questions, trial planning and coordination, etc.
- Supporting the line after hours whenever needed, coordinating time off with production manager and plant manager, setting up process engineering coverage when needed.
The company’s philosophy and work environment has been created by an ownership that places a premium on integrity, honesty and teamwork. As important as a candidate’s qualifications, is their ability to work closely with their colleagues and strive in a politics and ego free atmosphere.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- Experience in process troubleshooting and improvements on high-speed consumer products, packaging, or web converting equipment preferred.
- Exceptional analytical problem solving, equipment vendor management, and strong computer skills are needed to be successful.
- Six Sigma, DOE, and SPC experience a definite plus.
Excellent compensation and benefit package!
Consumer paper products and bottled water prevail at First Quality Enterprises (FQE). A diversified group of companies, FQE manufactures and...