Location: Albuquerque, Nm.
Please take a moment to view this video to learn more about our service techician positions.
This video is not specific to this position.
Responsible for the provisioning and maintenance of Central Office including, but not limited to subscriber loop carrier systems, DSL, POTS, digital and optical muxes.
Installs, performs routine maintenance, analyzes defects, tests, adjusts, repairs and maintains complex equipment such as switching systems, circuit equipment, network terminal equipment, and data/digital equipment by using electrical and or electronic measuring devices.
Updates work and maintenance logs through WFA, Word.docs and FOMS databases.
Plans jobs and determines materials and resources needed to complete tasks.
Reviews and interprets work orders, wiring lists, wiring diagrams, and equipment drawings and follows standard practices in the performance of job duties.
Utilizes knowledge of general input and analysis of ESS translations.
Runs diagnostic test programs, analyzes defects and/or tests various types of telephone switching equipment (5 ESS), uses various types of testing devices, e.g. volt-ohm meters, spectrum analyzer, digital communications, data analyzers, etc.
Works varying shifts and hours including possible mandatory overtime, and/or callouts, weekends and holidays.
Keeps work team and managers informed of status on work tasks, projects, and problems or obstacles.
· At least six (6) months experience within the last five (5) years diagnosing circuit trouble, and performing routine testing, including measuring AC/DC current using volt ohm meters, TMS, or comparable test equipment.
· At least six (6) months experience within the last five (5) years provisioning and maintaining DSO, DS1/T1, DS3/T3, DSL and ISDN circuits or services.
· Basic electricity knowledge as it relates to telecommunications (through classes or on the job related training) including: reading & interpreting circuit diagrams, equipment drawings, & technical manuals.
· Working knowledge of hand and power tools.
· Working knowledge of analog, digital test and transmission equipment, volt-ohm meter, or comparable testing equipment.
· Working knowledge of Sonnet/DWDM equipment and services (e.g. DCS and optical muxes).
· Ability to troubleshoot and isolate problems within physical or electrical circuits.
· Ability to respond to callouts within reasonable timeframe.
· Ability to perceive differences in telecom wire and cable colors.
· Ability to perform strenuous physical activities including, but not limited to lifting and/or moving up to 100 pounds.
· May require travel between Central Office locations.
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
- 2 years ago - save job