Job Category: Software Engineering: Development
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Job ID: 744597-33677
Division: Server & Tools Business
If you are excited about the rapid developments in cloud computing and distributed applications and you want to be a key participant in revolutionizing Microsoft’s distributed applications platform for Windows Azure and Server, then this job is for you. Our larger group is building a coherent application platform that will distinguish itself in the marketplace with elastic scale, fault-tolerance and high-density multi-tenancy, as well as strategic workloads like commerce which customers have come to expect in their application platform. You will work in rapid-paced start up environment to incubate and deliver one of these strategic new platform services which will enable our customers to create commerce applications, which is key to making Microsoft’s application platform business competitive especially against cloud competitors like Amazon and Google.
In this position as a Senior SDE, you will be responsible for the overall design and implementation of a core feature area, and its integration with other services which comprise our application platform. This job will require strong technical skills in either core systems development or complex line of business systems. You will also be responsible for honoring and communicating the architectural intent by working with architects and senior developers across the .NET Framework, Windows Azure, SQL, SharePoint, and AppFabric teams. You will play a vital role in extending our vision by prolific contribution to the design and hands-on coding while guiding other members on the team.
This job is for you if you are self-motivated, driven by results, thrive on creating something new in a well-backed start-up project, and have strong design and implementation skills. Join us to deliver a core component of Microsoft's enterprise cloud/server software development story.
You will be responsible for:
- Being a core part of a small group of senior leaders who will scope, define, and deliver a new application platform service
- Driving sound architecture, design, and implementation through hands-on development
- Taking a hands-on role on the team to ensure that our components are built to last
- Drive technical investigations and prototyping in a fast-paced v1 environment
- Work with architects, the leadership team and partner teams on implementation plans, quality engineering testing considerations and estimates of time for implementation
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science or related field is required
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a can do attitude - self-starter, adaptable, project finisher
- Strong design and development experience that includes development in C++/C# and with distributed programming models
- Demonstrated problem solving and debugging skills
- Good communicator, able to analyze and clearly articulate complex issues and technologies
- Experience building cloud services including on competitive platforms is a plus
- Experience building commerce applications or services a plus
- Knowledge of Azure, SharePoint, FAST and SQL is a plus
- 5+ years as a software developer on large scale distributed systems, platforms, or line of business systems
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue, Engineering, Software Engineer, Engineer, Test Engineer, Quality Engineer, Senior Quality Engineer, Technology, Cloud, SQL, Sharepoint, Database, Developer, .NET, Testing
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...