A well-established logistics company in South San Francisco, CA is looking for a Bilingual English/Assistant Manager – Perishables.
May consider visa support for qualified candidate.
- Bilingual English/Japanese (read & write)
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in handling Air Export for perishable goods
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to lift boxes (50 lbs)
- Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule and go on extended business trips
1) Air Export Processes and Management:
- Oversee all aspects of Air Export Perishable Operations
- Ensure accuracy of all data, Air waybill and Export data to avoid any misdirected shipments and discrepancies.
- Ensure on-time, accurate and damage-free fulfillment of customer orders
- Effectively coordinate with customers in regards to the status of outbound projects
- Provide the highest quality and professional service to new and existing clients
- Must be able to analyze current trend of the perishable freight forwarding market and negotiate buying / selling prices with customers and carrier
- Must be sales oriented with self-motivation to cultivate new business
- Resolve customer complaints or issues in regards to lost or damaged shipments and service failure. Identify problems, develop and present solutions and options to satisfy customers' needs
- Issue billing invoices and responsible for collecting unpaid invoices
- Prepare and analyze weekly, monthly revenue report. Responsible to maintain accounts
2) Employee Relations:
- Provide general business support to Manager as required and assigned
3) Quality & Compliance:
- Supervise staff and provide training and support for career development
- Monitor performance and correct deficiencies as required (performance management / skill development)
- To motivate and communicate with team members to promote a safe and secure work environment, maximize productivity and cost efficiency, build teamwork, and ensure consistent compliance with corporate and branch policies and procedures
- Mentor other team members and facilitate cross-training across the team.
Interplace Inc. is a job placement agency which has been in business for over 20 years, servicing 2000+ companies, with 20,000+ placed applicants with jobs nationwide, as well as abroad. Our clientele consists of most major Japanese companies from electronics manufacturing industries to financial planning institutions. We are a client paid service, so there is no cost to you. We look forward to assisting you with your employment needs. Please visit our website for other exciting
- Ensure all operations are conduct in a safe manner and in compliance with all appropriate regulations and Corporate Compliance program
- Instill and demonstrate commitment at all levels to adhere to the “Corporate Quality Policy."
To apply for this position, please send resume in Word doc. with job number 10831AT to the email provided in this job posting.
This job has originated from a member site of TheJobNetwork - SupplyChainBrain.com. Category: General, Keywords: Assistant Manager, Location: SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, CA - 94080
TheJobNetwork - 23 months ago