The Clinical Lab Assistant I (CLA) performs critical tasks needed to assist and support the Medical Technologists and Medical Laboratory Technicians in identifying and diagnosing illnesses and diseases. Main responsibilities are to prepare samples for clinical testing and/or transport. Duties may include any or all of the following: receiving specimens, identification, labeling, distributing laboratory samples to appropriate areas, data entry, calculating test results using preset procedures, routine instrument checks, helping in the tissue room with frozen sections, and other duties as assigned to assist the lab team.
Entry Rate: 11.05
Benefits Eligible: No
Shift Details: This position will be for days and evenings as needed, as well as weekends occaisionally. It will include a holiday rotation.
- High School diploma or GED in compliance with CLIA regulations (Intermountain Healthcare will verify degree attainment following an offer of employment)
- Must have excellent communication skills to include ability to effectively read, write, speak and understand English
- One or more years customer service work experience
- Ability to work in a team environment under stressful situations
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Data entry skills
- Position will require the flexibility to work a variety of shifts that may include weekends, holidays and nights
- Lifting, Hearing/Listening, Manual Dexterity, Seeing, Speaking, Standing
- Previous clinical lab experience
After applying, please check your email often. Some positions require assessment testing and notification will be sent to you through email. Once the email notification is sent, you will have 24 hours to complete the assessment. If the assessment is not completed within the allotted time frame, your application may not be considered further.
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 19 months ago
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...