PulsePoint is looking for an assertive, proactive individual with 3-5 years of practical experience working in large-scale web application environments to help tend our advertising exchange. As a member of the Technical Operations team, this person will be responsible for operating, maintaining, securing, and supporting infrastructure that:
If working in an agile shop with a team of top-flight engineers in growing this system sounds interesting, here are some things that you should know:
- Handles billions of requests every day, tens of thousands every second.
- Evaluates, selects, and optimizes ad serving based on advanced statistical and machine-learning models.
- Constantly evolves to meet market demands that shift in days and weeks, not months and years.
- Drives core revenue growth and opportunity for the company.
- Monitor mission-critical systems and provide fault analysis/resolution as needed.
- Participate in 24x7x365 on-call Production support rotation.
- Execute and adhere to change management processes for the Production environment.
- Systems management, including developing standards for system builds, configuration, and security.
- Scale and capacity planning for hardware resource management.
- Maintain documentation and knowledge base of Production components and processes.
The ideal candidate will also possess an assortment of the following:
- Experience with Linux in an enterprise environment (especially CentOS, RHEL, or OpenSUSE).
- Experience with J2EE applications and supporting softwares (especially Glassfish and/or Tomcat).
- Experience with scripting (PHP, Python, Perl, bash) and task automation.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, dealing with a variety of individuals possessing an equal variety of technological aptitudes.
- Able to autonomously prioritize and negotiate personal workload.
- Able to rapidly switch and juggle operational contexts.
- Offer additional historical evidence of passion, technical expertise, and accomplishments.
- Experience with Internet advertising business practices and methodologies.
- Experience with network administration (especially Cisco and Juniper devices).
- Experience with cloud computing technologies (especially AWS).
- Experience with software configuration management (Puppet, Chef, CFEngine, etc).
- Experience with Hadoop or other MapReduce technologies.
- Experience with virtualization (especially Vmware).
- Experience with Windows in an Active Directory-integrated environment.
PulsePoint - 21 months ago
We help brands engage the right consumers at scale by fusing the science of programmatic distribution with the art of content...