Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
United Hospital, located in downtown St. Paul, Minn., is the largest hospital in the Twin Cities east metro area, providing a full range of health care services to 200,000 inpatients and outpatients each year. With 3,400 employees, more than 1,000 physicians and 546 licensed beds, United Hospital has earned a reputation for excellence in patient care and state-of-the-art facilities, including innovative programs such as the John Nasseff Heart Hospital and John Nasseff Neuroscience Institute.
United Hospital is proud to be recognized as an ANCC Magnet Hospital.
An established, award-winning Electronic Medical Record is utilized.
- Responsible for job requirements as posted in the OR RN job description
- This role will include circulating and potentially scrubbing in the operating room
- Responsible in maintenance of patient safety, advocacy, and maximizing patient outcomes in all phases of the Nursing Process
- Working as a team player throughout the entire perioperative continuum
- Participation in process/outcome improvements for patients, department, and organization
- Actively being a positive team player/role model with a focus on excellent customer service
- Must be a graduate of a school of nursing approved by the MN Board of Nursing and accredited by a national accrediting body (eg: AACN or NLN) which is inclusive of clinical rotations within an acute care facility
- BSN preferred
- Current RN license - State of Minnesota
- BLS required
- 1 year of operative room experience of successful completion of recognized perioperative 101 course completed in past 2 years
- CNOR preferred
- Strong OR RN skills a must
- Clear written and verbal communication
- Assessment, problem solving, and organizational skills readily demonstrated
- Team building, conflict resolution, and customer service abilities
- These skills will be assessed/demonstrated through the interview process
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
RN hires with less than 1 year of RN experience must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing (American Association of Colleges of Nursing or The National League for Nursing) which is inclusive of a clinical rotation in an acute care facility.
- Part time position
- 28 hours/week
- Day/Evening shift
- Variable start and finish times
- Occasional weekends
- MNA contract
With beautiful natural settings along the Mississippi River, St. Paul embodies a large ethnically diverse population with restaurants, cultural entertainment, and shopping venues for everyone. Downtown St. Paul features a number of historic buildings including the State Capitol, the Fitzgerald Theater (home to Garrison Keillor's "A Prairie Home Companion"), the Landmark Center, the St. Paul Hotel, and breathtaking views of the Mississippi River. The city is also home to the Science Museum of MN, the Xcel Energy Center (home of the MN Wild hockey team), and the MN History Center. St. Paul offers many private, alternative, and public school options from elementary through college and a wide array of housing options from old historic homes to new construction. The Twin Cities is consistently ranked near the top of Fortune's list of best cities in the world for work and family. A healthy business climate, opportunities for employment, good transportation, and an entrepreneurial environment are amongst the contributing factors.
Community Resource Links:
- Located in St. Paul
- Population = 287,000
- Service Area = 1,600,000
Community Information School Digger
Explore Minnesota MN Dept of Education
Minneapolis St. Paul Magazine St. Paul Pioneer Press
Twin Cities Living Magazine Star Tribune
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees,...