This position is responsible for assisting in the Shelby County Roads, Bridges and Engineering Department with such tasks as the maintenance of roadways, shoulder stabilization, mowing of medians and right-of-ways, provide traffic control during roadside operations and other related road and bridge maintenance. May also be tasked as needed within other sections in the Department.
EEOC CODE: 80
GRADE: 38 Minimum Qualifications Two (2) years of work experience preferably in an outdoor environment and must be able to read and write.
Special Requirements 1. Must possess a valid Tennessee Commercial Driver’s License Class “B” with an airbrake endorsement or secure one as of employment date.
2. Must be able to lift and carry ninety (90) pounds and be in the good physical condition. Duties and Responsibilities 1. Perform unskilled labor of a mature nature.
2. Responsible for performing assigned duties, the most typical being: assisting in construction and maintenance of roads and bridges; clearing brush; cleaning and spraying right-of-ways and ditches assisting in performing non-skilled maintenance of equipment.
3. Setting grade stakes’ flagging traffic’ spotting trucks for dumping and other delivery.
4. Setting pipes and fencing; pouring concrete; shoveling and spreading asphalt, limestone and rock; patching roads with asphalt.
5. Operating non-complex equipment; assisting with pile driving operations; setting concrete and metal pipes; laying pipes and mortaring joints in ditches.
6. Operate spreader box on trucks; bringing supplies and equipment to labor sites.
7. Cut grass; loading and unloading materials; excavating trenches; clean vehicles.
8. Perform other related duties as assigned or directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities 1. Ability to work as directed and follows oral instructions.
2. Physical ability to perform assigned work tasks.
3. Ability to cooperate with other personnel.
Shelby County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin or handicap status
Shelby County Government participates in E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer
Memphis and Shelby County Health Department - 2 years ago
Shelby County Health Care Corporation, dba Regional Medical Center at Memphis (The MED), provides a variety of health care services to the...