Provide technical support and advice to the API member Committees, the Director, Tax & Accounting Policy on accounting, product trading, customs issues and legislation. Monitor all accounting, international trade, and customs regulation and legislation. Work with various API Committees to assist in the formulation and promotion of API policy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY AND KEY RELATIONSHIPS
- Primary focus on three main areas impacting the industry including 1) accounting policy and reporting; 2) regulations and reporting of product trading operations; and 3) customs operations and reporting .
- Offer support to members’ personnel on specific issues raised by various Committees.
- In cooperation with the Committee Chairs, set agenda and arrange for Committee meetings, and act as facilitator at those meetings.
- Organize and coordinate the operation of various technical educational forums.
- Support API Congressional advocacy efforts as needed.
- Participate in professional association work where such efforts will foster development of industry issues and establish or maintain professional contacts with individuals in government and in the private sector who are involved in industry-related matters and the federal legislative process.
- Monitor current regulatory and legislative developments and advise committees of potential impact on companies’ operations.
- Draft comments on proposed regulations and other pending agency actions; circulate for critique by committees and assure proper filing of final document with the appropriate agencies.
- Prepare and arrange appropriate visits to agencies on pending issues.
- Presents API policy positions to key industry and government stakeholders at various forums/conferences.
Participate in professional activities or work areas that foster development of industry issues and establish or maintain professional contacts with individuals in government and in the private sector who are involved in industry tax matters. Coordinate the planning of various Committee meetings and annual forums for members.
American Society of Association Executives - 11 months ago