Division: Regulatory Affairs
Function: Regulatory Affairs & Stewardship
State/Province: North Carolina [NC]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Regulatory Manager/Sr. Regulatory Manager
Job ID: 3822
Role purpose / Accountabilities:
- Develop, implement and lead regulatory strategies to achieve registrations of new active ingredients within NAFTA including preparation of documents such as Reduced Risk and Exclusive Use
- Effectively defend and maintain existing US registrations
- Assist with product life-cycle management in concert with Brand Management
- Principal contact with USEPA for all assigned active ingredients and related end-use products
- Provide consultation and support on techno-regulatory issues to Supply Chain, Stewardship, State Regulatory, Mexico and Canada, Global Regulatory and other departments as necessary
- Consult on data compensation, litigation and business development
- Active participation on PMTs/PLTs/RSTs with leadership role for NAFTA
- Prepare and provide oversight for timely and accurate submissions
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Regulatory Manager/Sr. Regulatory Manager: Minimum of MS degree in crop protection related science (chemical or biological) or BS degree with 8-10 years extensive regulatory and crop protection experience.
o Direct regulatory experience is preferred.
o Knowledge of FIFRA, FFDCA, and EPA registration requirements/policies/processes required.
- Must have science-based experience in crop protection business.
- Working knowledge on broad range of scientific disciplines (including biology, toxicology, environmental chemistry, etc.)
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Negotiation skills to achieve win-win solutions.
- Critical information seeking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in team environment across various functions and science disciplines in a regional and global matrix organization.
- Project and issue management skills
Syngenta Core Dimensions:
- Customer-Focused: we focus our actions on our customers’ needs; we develop and sustain strong customer relationships.
- Communicative: we clearly convey information and ideas; we encourage open and continuous communication; we are keen to listen and learn
- Trusted: we develop and maintain an environment of openness, trust and integrity; we gain the confidence of our stakeholders.
- Team-Oriented: we actively participate as members of a team to move the team toward completion of goals; we collaborate effectively across organizational boundaries.
- Results-Oriented: we deliver on our commitments; we set inspirational goals and work tenaciously to reach or exceed them.
Other Dimensions Critical for the Role:
- Building Strategic Working Relationships
- Continuous Learning
- Contributing to Team Success
- Making clear and convincing technical presentations to regulators and stakeholders
- Gaining Commitment
- Planning and Organizing
- Technical/Professional Knowledge
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Non-Compete Agreement required for external applicants.
- Travel Requirements – Up to 25%
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...