EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite operations and video delivery solutions. EchoStar’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Hughes, is the world's leading provider of satellite broadband services, delivering network technologies and managed services for enterprise and government customers in more than 100 countries.
Headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional business units world-wide, EchoStar is a multiple Emmy award-winning company that has pioneered advancements in the set-top box and satellite industries for over 30 years, consistently delivering value for customers, partners and investors through innovation and outstanding quality. For more than three decades, EchoStar’s contribution to video technology continues to have a major influence on the way consumers view, receive and manage TV programming.
Among the many offerings of this combined powerhouse in broadband data and video are HughesNet®, the market's #1 high-speed satellite Internet service; Sling Media's award-winning SlingLoaded® technology; Move Networks' adaptive bit-rate streaming technology; and Troppus’ software suite that combines a Client Application, an Agent Application and a powerful Semantic Knowledge Management System.
EchoStar Satellite Services L.L.C. manages or operates a fleet of 11 satellites, providing world-class satellite communications solutions including video distribution, data communications, and backhaul services for service operators, enterprise, government, and military customers.
EchoStar Satellite Services L.L.C. (ESS) is seeking to hire a Director of Spectrum Development to support the ESS Satellite Services group. This key position uniquely focuses on the national telecoms regulatory environments in countries around the world, develops political and regulatory strategies in the national and international context to improve the EchoStar business success. The candidate will work closely with industry spectrum teams, especially over strategic policy issues and timely licensing and market access to support satellite fleet deployments and with business development.
- Ensure that EchoStar spacecraft’s and services are timely authorized under and compliant with national space, telecoms, regulations and rules worldwide. Will lobby national administrations, regulators, legislatures, and multi-national organizations in an effort to ensure that prospective satellite and telecoms services are consistent with EchoStar business objectives.
- Secure necessary licenses, market access, regulatory compliance and customer support for all EchoStar spacecraft, earth stations and services.
- Provide strategic regulatory advice and advocacy support to EchoStar Corporate Development teams, which shall include:
- Potential areas of new business expansion in the FSS, BSS and MSS, mobile satellite services.
- Global satellite expansion plans in support of the business strategy for new satellite market requirements and new service offerings initiatives.
- Shall lead the efforts to secure new and protect existing satellite spectrum
- Manage EchoStar subsidiary and affiliate regulatory licensing and compliance requirements. Lead the satellite frequency spectrum activities with the FCC, OFCOM, ITU, and other foreign administrations including coordination strategy with other satellite operators
- Represent and promote the company interests at various ITU sponsored spectrum and policy related meetings including work/study groups at a regional level, and a global level and ITU world conferences (WRC).
- This position requires ITAR access—candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Some travel required.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in an industrial, media or telecommunications sector in a similar function (with experience of the satellite business) with excellent understanding of the regulatory and licensing environment and lobbying experience.
- Master’s degree in relevant field
- Strong analytical ability and outstanding independent business judgment. Able to perform proactively in a leadership role.
- Excellent written and oral communication (drafting, advocacy & negotiating) skills
- Established network of contacts at national and international regulatory and governmental level
- Medical, Health Savings Account, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending options and Employee Assistance Plan
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Training Opportunities
- 40% Discounts on Sling technology and service
- Corporate discounts for retail and personal travel
- Opportunity for a level of responsibility that could take years to reach in other companies
EchoStar is an EEO employer (M/F/D/V)
EchoStar Corporation (EchoStar), formerly EchoStar Holding Corporation, will operate two primary businesses: digital set-top box business...