Secret Clearance is Required.
Additional Desired Skills/Certifications: MCDST Certification is perferred.
Key Competencies: RedHat Linux, Windows Operating Systems, Windows Server 2000/2003; HP-Unix System Support, Configuration and Implementation; Microsoft Office software; SMS type programs; OS Patching and Antivirus applications.
Job Description (Duties and Responsibilities):
Leads and participates in highly complex system integration projects. Installs, generates, maintains, tests, debugs, and integrate system software programs with COTS/GOTS applications and support equipment, develops instructions for integration of operating system software, and modifies/maintains integration packages via releases and utilities from manufacturers in a multi-operating system and/or network operating system environment. Evaluates existing operating systems/COTS/GOTS software and recommends changes. Optimizes systems software performance. Responsible for applications dealing with the overall operating system, such as sophisticated file maintenance routines, networks, CAD or GIS system software, or mathematical/scientific software packages. Engineer’s highly complex software that may relate directly to operating systems, their performance or devices controlled.
Required Skills: Provide Unix system integration support for hardware, software, analysis, configuration, testing and implementation in support of OMMS, NALCOMIS, RSUPPLY, and SNAP1. Provide technical system integration support on the operations and administration functions associated with hardware, software and LAN configuration. Determine implementation procedures for new or modified hardware, software, operating systems, update operating system products and test system software changes. Able to provide hardware troubleshooting, upgrades and repair; Software integration; TCP/IP and/or Network Management; Desktop Application Support; and Customer Services in support of military member instructors and POCs.
Works as part of a technical team. Takes direction and work assignments from direct supervisor and/or designated technical leads.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyzes, logs, tracks and resolves software/hardware matters of significance pertaining to networking connectivity issues, printer, servers, and applications to meet business needs.
- Performs troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common system problems; documents system events to ensure continuous functioning. Recommends course of action and implements as approved.
- Upgrades system software and hardware components as required to meet business needs; coordinates backups. Ensures upgrades are occurring in accordance with established parameters.
- Coordinates the installation of client department specific applications and systems. Determines appropriate method for installing applications and systems; resolves matters of significance and implements corrective course of action as needed.
- Installs, tests, upgrades and configures system files and services to enhance performance.
- Utilizes standard corporate tools to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes.
- Basic Qualifications
- 's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Bachelor's degree in computer science, or related field preferred
Two or more years of experience with computer systems or networking
Experience working with computer hardware for installation and upgrades
Experience working with software installation/upgrading procedures
Experience working with file and system maintenance procedures
Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work
Analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot systems problems
Communication skills for to communicate with support personnel, customers, and managers
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
AppLabs - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
Apple has an "i" for revolutionary technology. Since its release, the company's iPhone has spurred a revolution in cell...