Supervises assigned operational functions within the department consistent with the strategic plan, the fiscal budget, and the company’s short term and long-term profitability objectives.
Supervises the delivery and measurement of guest service consistent with the company’s core service standards and brand attributes.
Supervises assigned staff to include: hiring recommendations that encompass the company’s diversity commitment; training; coaching; performance feedback, recommending and administering discipline, and scheduling. Creates a work environment that promotes teamwork, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction.
Creates a work environment that promotes teamwork, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction.
Provides ideas and suggestions for new products, services, technology and processes to ensure the Hotel’s competitive position and in anticipation of changing guest’s needs within the dynamic hospitality and gaming environment.
Adheres to the company’s status quo third party representation philosophy, complies with company policies, legal requirements and collective bargaining agreements.
Interacts with guests and promotes high quality guest service.
Handles guest complaints or concerns.
Monitors cashiers on shift.
Orders daily supplies.
Ensures health department safety codes are being met.
Ensures facility cleanliness.
Handles any employee concerns.
Ensures Starbucks quality standards and the Hotel’s Core Service Standards are being met.
Perform other job related duties as required.
- At least 2 or more years of experience in a high volume coffee outlet and/or fast food type establishment required, preferably in a supervisory capacity.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience in scheduling and staffing.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs, including, but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, AS400 and Micros knowledge helpful.
- Previous experience managing employees using a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International
- 2 years ago - save job
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...