Serco Inc. is a leading provider of professional, technology and management services focused on the federal government. We advise, design, integrate and deliver solutions that transform how clients achieve their missions. Our customer-first approach, robust portfolio of services and global experience enable us to respond with solutions that achieve outcomes with value. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco Inc. has approximately 9,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1.5 billion and is part of a $6.6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
The Defense Personnel Services Business Unit has approximately 2000 employees and operates at hundreds of locations across the United States and overseas in Korea, Japan, Italy, and Germany. We provide personnel services to military personnel, military families, and civilians working for the military. Our capabilities address a wide range of managed services, as well as the complete military lifecycle which includes recruitment, to active duty through retirement.
We are currently seeking an Instructor for the NGB Professional Education Center located within Camp Robinson, Arkansas. The essential job responsibilities include:
- Use proscribed lesson plans to teach five GED subject areas to students that have enlisted in the US Armed Forces but must obtain their GED prior to departing for military basic and advanced individual training.
- Maintain a professional classroom atmosphere that is conducive to learning and skill development.
- Promote student development through the use of various teaching aids and technologies, personal teaching experience, and maximum one-on-
Work is generally performed in a normal office environment where there is minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. Job assignments may require working at client site where working conditions may vary. Travel may be required.
- Counsel and advise students on self-development and study strategies.
- Administer and interpret a variety of GED pre-tests. Maintain classroom order, discipline, and cleanliness.
- Responsible for successfully imparting the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to pass the GED test.
- Complete detailed student academic records. Attend and participate in instructor training sessions and student graduations.
Required Skills and Experience:The appropriate candidate must have skills and experience in:
Candidate must qualify for an interim security clearance and successfully undergo a background investigation (NACLC).
- Bachelor's Degree
- 0-5 year’s of successful classroom teaching experience, preferably in a military environment.
- Proficient user of MS Office programs, i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Strong customer service focus.
Employment Type: Full time
Career Level: Mid Career
Serco , Inc. - 2 years ago
Serco employs over 100,000 people in more than 30 countries, delivering local services informed by many years of international experience...