Riverbed Cascade combines visibility into end-to-end application delivery dependencies and Network Behavior Analysis (NBA) to address these management gaps. Riverbed's management solution spans network, security, and data center operations groups to provide application performance management, improved threat and compliance management, and CMDB discovery.|
Cascade collects millions of network flows every minute, saving the data in a highly-optimized proprietary database and performs real-time analysis. Cascade detects network operation issues and security anomalies in real-time, alerting network administrators before customers call in for help. Cascade is a go-to network visibility tool for network managers and directors in Fortune 500 companies around the World.
Senior Software QA Engineer – Cambridge, MA
• Want and expect to be measured and rewarded based on results and productivity
• You will design, execute, and automate test plans to ensure that Riverbed’s products meet and exceed industry standards in quality.
• Interact with various groups in Riverbed including Development and Product Management to ensure that all the groups are consistent on the requirements.
• Create automation scripts and tools to verify the performance of Riverbed’s Network Appliances.
• Independently deliver features and projects on time with high quality
• Apply understanding of networks and network protocols, along with programming skills find implementation, compliance, and performance problems with the Cascade Profiler family of appliances
• Take an active role in mentoring junior QA engineers to overcome issues, think independently, and learn proper QA methodologies
• Work with customers to diagnose and resolve issues.
• Bachelor’s degree in CS/CE/EE/Math/Physics or related fields and five years QA experience; or
• Scripting and/or programming using one of the following: perl, python, ruby, tcl, C/C#/Objective C/C++, or java
• Strong ability to quickly identify and focus on the critical aspects of a task and deliver results
• Strong ability to gather and analyze disparate data and quickly focus in on areas of anomaly
• Strong experience with QA Engineering methodologies.
• Strong experience with Unix/Linux
• Great logical debugging ability.
• Have excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
• Can approach complex problem-solving and troubleshooting tasks with creativity.
• Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and methodologies.
• Solid attention to detail.
• Can work on your own but know when to ask for help.
• Master’s degree in CS/CE/EE/Math/Physics or related fields and three years of QA experience
• Fluency in object-oriented Perl, Python and shell command line.
• Familiarity with networking (TCP/IP routing/switching, iOS/CatOS devices, WANs, iSCSI, etc.) and Wireshark.
We feature an attractive compensation package including salary, stock options, employee stock purchase program, 401(k) matching, and comprehensive benefits. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer, M/F/D/V.