Under general supervision, is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of new and renewal Internaltional Account insurance applications. Utilizes routine underwriting procedures on assignments of low complexity or of a repetitive nature. Provides high-level support to underwriters. This is a temporary position, 37.5 hours per week for approximately 10 weeks.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Within designated authority and following established procedures, performs routine selection, evaluation, and pricing of the least complex risks.
2. Assists underwriters by communicating with agencies on routine matters.
3. Requests underwriting and/or state mandated requirements, based on guidelines.
4. Performs data entry of insurance application, including verification of information provided and compliance to state requirements.
5. Issues and assembles policies upon receipt of underwriter approval.
6. Upon request from underwriters, processes cancellations, declinations and reissues of policies.
7. Upon request from underwriters, may review underwriting requirements and may recommend acceptance or denial utilizing preset procedures.
8. May provide assistance and/or training to other Underwriting Technicians.
9. May assist in special project work.
10. May update the underwriting system.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Supervisor or Manager
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Knowledge of policy processing procedures and documentation.
2. Knowledge of applicable insurance products.
3. Good interpersonal and communication skills.
4. Demonstrated ability to work at high levels of productivity and quality.
5. Ability to work independently on multiple tasks.
6. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-related software.
Education & Experience
1. High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience. Some college preferred.
2. Typically a minimum three years of related work experience in an office environment.
United States-New York-New York
Comm Ins-UW-LOB Total
CNA - 19 months ago