EHS Manager (Central / Midwest US)|
SBM Site Services, an international facilities management company, is currently seeking an Environment, Health and Safety Professional with 3-7 years experience interested in a diverse/flexible working environment and an opportunity to expand their knowledge of the EHS business. Reporting to the Director of EHS, this is great opportunity for a certified professional (CIH, CSP or CHMM) to experience all levels of an EHS program. We are looking for an independent worker with a strong sense of customer service.
Job Responsibilities will entail a mix of project management and the day-to-day operations. A typical week could include: field work at client locations; supporting various members of the EHS team, development and presentation of programs; report writing, and administrative duties like information management.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate would be responsible for working on a variety of EHS projects servicing clients across several industry sectors or supporting members of the EHS team. This is an excellent opportunity for a multi-talented individual who believes that they: 1) are well-organized, 2) has excellent written and oral communication skills, 3) works independently and 4) has the technical background and proven success in the environmental, health and safety field.
- Hands on work experience in facility services, warehousing, waste industry or manufacturing, 3-5 years of prior management experience in EHS area required
- Solid knowledge of EHS law, regulations, standards
- Strong managerial, technical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong build and design abilities relating to EHS program elements
- Proven leadership and influencing skills
- VPP experience
- Strong business and EHS process orientation
- Analytical skills and experience in Project Management work A problem solver passionate about achieving results
- Very sharp, innovative and accustomed to 'figuring it out'
- Identifies and evaluates hazardous conditions and practices at the site/project on an ongoing basis and develops hazard control practices and programs.
- Supports site management in the investigation of incidents/injuries (including subcontractor injuries), and provides analysis of cause along with recommendations for corrective action.
- Tracks and analyzes EHS statistics and makes recommendations for correction of problem areas. Establishes improvement actions for injury prevention goals and/or key performance indicators.
- Guides and assists site management in addressing and correcting environmental, health, and safety issues. Performs environmental, health, and safety audits and develops action plans to correct deficiencies. Work with site management to execute action plan.
- Provide support for Contractor Safety Program to include developing subcontractor EHS orientation training, leading training sessions, and developing safety support programs.
- Update written policies and programs as needed, maintain SharePoint folders, tracking and organizing SharePoint Safety Library.
- Performs environmental, health, and safety training of SBM employees in accordance with company, federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and develops and conducts environmental, health, and safety training to address specific needs. Acts as a technical EHS resource for their assigned site/project and provides technical support for other assigned sites/projects as needed.
- Keeps abreast of environmental, health, and safety industry best practices, and technological developments and equipment to remain up-to-date on EHS systems, devices and techniques designed to eliminate or minimize hazards. Keep current on regulatory requirements pertaining to environmental, health, and safety.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Some travel is required (30% to 50%). Travel will be primarily across the US, but could include travel to international destinations in South America or Canada.
- Competitive salaries in the $62,000-$75,000 range, depending on experience
- Excellent benefits
- A business model and performance goals program that promotes excellent individual growth and values family and personal time
- A diverse, flexible, and supportive work environment
For immediate consideration, please apply online by clicking the "How to Apply" link above. Please let SBM Site Services know you saw this opening on EHSCareers.com!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
SBM is an international company providing facilities support services to some of the world's leading Fortune 500 companies. Our dedication to delivering the highest quality service and cost savings solutions with the least environmental impact possible has launched SBM into the top one percent of service providers in the facilities maintenance industry. Today, SBM services more than 350 million square feet throughout the United States, Canada, and Latin America, with plans to expand globally in Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
Our innovative employee programs, supportive management structure, and extensive career advancement opportunities make SBM a great place to work. As a result, our turnover rate is one-fourth the national average. We respect and promote the professional and personal growth of our employees and are committed to the success of one another. Teamwork, integrity and compassion are core values of our company, and we go to great lengths to ensure that our employees are satisfied and rewarded for the work that they do.