With a focus on providing superior customer service, the produce clerk provides customers with product knowledge and the freshest and best quality produce, replenishing and rotating merchandise, filling refrigerated and non-refrigerated cases, and building colorful and attractive displays.
Some Job Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and the team.
- Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information, providing selling suggestions and active sampling and always giving a genuine thank you.
- Unloading trailers, receiving merchandise verifying orders, breaking down produce loads, positioning cases of product in the produce warehouse or walk-in cooler.
- Understanding proper product trimming, rotation, culling, crisping and watering techniques and procedures, ensuring product attractiveness and shelf life.
- Building attractive displays of produce, while maintaining proper product inventory levels.
- Understanding the importance of monitoring product pricing, signage, and placement and the proper use of product shelf tags and signage.
- Keeping clean neat and orderly work areas, including a well swept produce department.
- Attentively stocking dated perishable products, rotating them as necessary to ensure quality and safety.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Must be at least
- Remain helpful, tactful and courteous at all times.
- Work quickly and efficiently, sometimes with little direction, to accomplish assigned duties.
- Add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic business math calculations.
- Read UPC codes, product labels, shelf signage, business forms, and posted company policies/procedures.
- Identify and communicate the place of origin, taste and uses of a wide variety of fruits, vegetables and other produce products.
- Learn the uses and cooking methods of fruits, vegetables and produce products merchandised.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to fill and rotate products quickly and use necessary equipment, including knives, wrappers and scales.
- Communicate openly and professionally through appropriate body language, facial expressions and speech, also communicating in writing when necessary.
- Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of customers and fellow members.
- Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies weighing 30 – 40 lbs..
- Lift and maneuver up to 100 lbs and break down large and very heavy pallet loads of produce cases, boxes and bags.
- Operate manual and electric pallet jacks.
- Often work in walk-in refrigerated coolers.
- Work with all sorts of vegetables and fruits, spices, nuts, flavorings, sauces and oils.
- A friendly and positive attitude towards customers and team members.
- A desire to greet, engage and sincerely thank the customer
- An outstanding work ethic and a desire to constantly improve one’s work performance.
- Ability to work well with others, helping to support each team member’s effort to succeed.
- Ability to be flexible, adapting to new jobs, schedules, team members, programs, policies and procedures.
- Ability to learn quickly and a desire to learn and do more.
- Ability to think through one’s decisions, solving problems and coming up with solutions.
Bashas' Supermarkets - 2 years ago
Bashas', founded by brothers Ike and Eddie Basha Sr., is a dynamic, growing company competing in the most hotly contested grocery...