JOB DESCRIPTION – WAREHOUSE RECEIVER
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (may include, but not limited to the following)
- Receive and process delivery acknowledgement receipts.
- Verify receipts and packing slips against purchase orders to ensure accuracy, perform follow-up procedures on orders, and report damages, shortages and discrepancies.
- Communicate with vendors regarding purchase orders and the receiving of supplies and equipment to resolve errors and discrepancies.
- Maintain a variety of warehouse related files and records.
- Receive, store, organize and rotate stock utilizing proper storage methods and procedures.
- Operate delivery vehicles, forklifts and other warehouse equipment.
- Maintain storage areas and warehouse equipment in a neat, clean, orderly and safe manner.
- Pull supply orders and perform periodic inventories; recommend items for re-order to maintain necessary materials and supplies on hand.
- Apply, record, and report, asset ID tag(s) and related information on district equipment.
- May assist in the transport of a variety of supplies and materials.
- Other related work as required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position will include indoor, outdoor, office and warehouse environments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must be able to:
Lift, carry, push and/or pull items up to a maximum of 60 pounds with a strength factor of heavy work.
Hear and speak to exchange information in person and on the telephone.
See to read a variety of materials.
Possess dexterity of hands and fingers to operate equipment.
Stand and walk.
Bend at the waist, kneel, or crouch.
1. Educational materials, supplies and equipment.
2. Warehouse operational methods, procedures, policies, rules and regulations.
3. Safe and proper loading and unloading of delivery vehicles.
4. Proper physical lifting techniques and use of warehouse equipment.
5. Correct English usage, spelling, grammar, punctuation and mathematical concepts.
6. Use and terminology of requisitions, purchase orders, invoices, and other warehouse documentation.
7. Modern office methods and equipment, including computers and application software.