FreshDirect is one of the nation’s leading online food brands, known for its convenient home delivery service and the manufacture of fresh, delicious food. Changing the way customers shop for groceries since 2002, the company uses a direct distribution model with in-house, overnight production that cuts out the middleman and helps FreshDirect offer farm-fresh food at low prices. Every product is 100% satisfaction guaranteed , every time.
What is a Delivery Rep - Runner/Foot Courier?
A Delivery Representative is responsible for delivering orders to our customers by foot in certain areas of Manhattan. This is a physical, fast-paced, outdoor position that involves continual lifting, lowering and carrying packages.
- Effectively load and operate a handcart according to policy and procedures
- Deliver orders to the appropriate destination within a scheduled time
- Greet customers and/or building staff in a professional and friendly manner
- Answer basic customer service inquires
- Use communication devices and paper-based systems to record interactions
What do we offer?
- At least 18 years of age
- Must be willing to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screening
- Consent to a criminal background check
- Ability to clearly communicate and read in English
- Knowledge of NYC Streets preferred
- Must be able to work both Sunday and Monday
- Must be able to work a flexible shift (mornings and/or evenings)
- Ability to complete all basic and recurring training
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs with appropriate equipment
- Prior customer service and delivery experience desired
DisclaimerThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of workbeing performed by the Teammember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skillsrequired of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
- Paid training
- Starts at $8 per hour, plus tips
- Part-time positions available
- Flexible work schedules (day and evening shifts available)
- Benefits Package after 6 months of full-time employment
- Union enrollment on 31st Day
- Opportunities for career advancement
- 20% off all FreshDirect food purchases
- Transit Check Program
As EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYERS , Fresh Direct, LLC and its affiliates do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of
their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender(except where gender is a bonafide occupational qualification), disability,sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status,domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, or any other factorprotected by federal, state, or local law.
FreshDirect - 2 years ago
The emphasis is on fresh at online grocer FreshDirect. The Internet grocery shopping service delivers to many New York City neighborhoods in...