The Doe Run Company is seeking mine geologists to assist in the search for additional ore as well as give direction to mining personnel to recover the best ore grade possible.
- Manage the day to day quality control efforts at one or more underground Missouri Valley Type deposits
- Conducting daily inspections of all working areas within the mine
- Gather and disseminate information on quantity and quality of visible mineralization
- Make recommendations on “best practices” regarding production based on visual inspecting of the working area.
- Involvement in short, medium, and long range planning based on geologic knowledge of the ore deposit
- Maintain information collected in daily dilution control inspections, prospecting information, and geologic mapping required to direct mining efforts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology or Geological Science and one to three (1-3) years geological experience
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices of geology
- Advanced knowledge of AutoCad, GIS (ArcGIS), contouring software and/or other geological software
- Skill in mineral resource modeling including 3-dimensional geologic model construction
- Knowledge in the areas of geophysics, geochemistry or structural geology
Skills and Abilities:
- Have a business perspective which links geology to overall company goals, reflected by a broad understanding of the minerals industry
- Familiarity with economic geology
- Demonstrated ability to do creative geological thinking
- Must be an effective communicator (verbal and written), able to offer technical expertise and guidance, building rapport with field geologists and consultants.
The Doe Run Company - 12 months ago