Field Sales - Electronic Materials (Northern California)
Gore is a technology-driven global company built on entrepreneurial innovation, integrity, and teamwork. Through our product leadership, we've been changing lives and changing industries, including medical devices, fabrics, electronics, and manufacturing, for more than 50 years. What can
change by joining Gore? Visit gore.com/change-life to find out.
Wire and cable were Gore’s first products, and Gore remains a leader in the field of signal transmission. Today, Gore's cable and material solutions for electronics provide reliability in the most demanding environments. These products have been used for more than 50 years in a variety of industries, including aerospace, industrial electronics, mobile communications, and semiconductor manufacturing. We are looking for an energetic Field Sales Associate to join our Commercial Materials team and be based in Northern California.
If you are searching for a company where you can make a difference, we're looking for you. In this role, you will develop new business and expand our presence at key global accounts that include electronics industry leaders. Your primary focus will be mobility/consumer electronics. Product range will consist of existing products, product line extensions, and new development products.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about selling products that are the highest quality and value in their class
- Be energized by working for a world-class manufacturer and collaborating on cross-functional teams
- Recognize the importance of building and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships
- Developing and growing the existing business, with primary focus in Northern California
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities in mobility/consumer electronics
- Managing large accounts
- Developing and implementing sales strategies for target business objectives
- Expanding existing contact networks within accounts
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers' technical and purchasing groups to provide value and effectively position Gore products
- Selling and promoting electronic products in all areas and applications, as well as new product introductions
- Integrating with product teams to drive account strategies and investments
- Developing an intimate understanding of the market and product challenges
- Collaborating with Asia Pacific-based Gore associates supporting key customers’ EMS supply chains
- Providing accurate sales forecasts
Required Job Qualifications
Desirable Job Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree plus at least 5 years of successful sales and market development experience with technically manufactured electronic products, OR a high school diploma plus at least 10 years of successful sales and market development experience with technically manufactured electronic products
- Demonstrated ability to understand and effectively communicate customer application details to product and manufacturing teams
- Ability to successfully interact with market and platform teams to shape business and sales plans
- Proven success building contact networks and selling within mobility/consumer electronics OEM accounts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer literacy
- Strong organizational skills
- Current, valid driver’s license
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
- Technical degree
- Experience with custom materials and components
: Gore, job, San Francisco, San Jose, Silicon Valley, Northern California, California, CA, sales, selling, field, representative, manager, managing, management, accounts, electronics, commercial, consumer, mobility, mobile, custom, materials, components, business, industry, global, customers, services, accounts, key, large, products, processes, markets, segments, technical, requirements, needs, opportunities, applications, existing, new, introductions, systems, solutions, capabilities, value, positioning, promotion, promoting, strategy, strategies, strategic, objectives, networks, contacts, purchasing, relationships, investments, supply chains, plans, planning, forecasts, forecasting, models, analyzing, analysis, identifying, identification, developing, development, driving, implementing, interacting, engaging, understanding, communicating, listening, assessing, partnering, collaborating, integrating, OEM, EMS
North America-United States-California-San Francisco
North America-United States-California
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Day (1st shift)
W. L. Gore & Associates - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) is a technology-driven global company built on entrepreneurial innovation, integrity, and teamwork....