Supports the North American meat purchasing activities of $950 million (Pork, Beef, & Poultry categories) also supporting activities in procurements service of the related business units. This Material Analyst will work closely with meat category managers and suppliers to improve cost, quality, and service key performance measures as well as work with the Supply Chain and Marketing teams to execute strategic sourcing plans, product improvement and growth initiatives. Balance Demand with Supply for raw materials while maintaining the target service level to the internal customers/plants. Optimize the inbound supply chain and standardize the materials management process. Accountable to meet organizational financial goals, including cost savings, purchase price variance and market advantage targets set annually. Engage and collaborate with internal business partners to positively influence product development or product changes based on best practice procurement processes, and leading edge supply solutions achieved through strategic supplier relationships.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Essential Functions/Responsibilities (ranked in order of importance):
Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Business, Economics or equivalent work experience required.
- SAP record maintenance/reporting and buyer messaging to include: contract entry (SAP Outline agreements-time or quantity based), contract balance reconciliation with suppliers, source list, purchasing info records, create and update contract expiration log , Material Master (MM) construction/work flow, A/P inquiries, forecasting to suppliers
- Support Spot Purchases - Creating SAP Purchasing Info Records for Supplier-Material arrangements
- Upload/data load process - maintain pricing database offline, transfer prices, new validity periods to SAP via templates and upload programs to create/maintain SAP contracts daily/weekly/monthly
- Business analysis-manage various reports for meat commodities and contracted position administration
- Collect and analyze industry/market and internal data relating to various meat commodities.
- Utilize SAP BW (Business Warehouse) and data analytics to create actionable reports enabling the optimization of procurement sourcing strategies (run historical and forecast queries to be used by Category Managers for contracting).
- Freight / Logistics optimization by category - Freight analysis (I.e. prepay and add vs. collect)
- Balance aggregate supply with demand while supporting targeted customer service levels, new product introductions, and reduce risk of inventory obsolescence.
- Support the development of internal and external category profiles; Support the development of category specific plans and goals.
- Support the development of RFx requests, supplier recommendations, and selection criteria including qualitative and quantitative analysis, long and short lists,
- Assist with the development of fact-based negotiation strategies, development of high level and detailed benefits cases
- Work with Sara Lee subject matter experts and internal customers to gather and assess business requirements and contribute to the development of category implementation plans.
- Assist with the monitoring of internal customer and supplier compliance with supplier agreements.
- Work with senior Procurement employees to manage internal customer satisfaction.
- Support the coordinated departmental activities for Sara Lee Innovation Management (SLiM) project requests.
Systems proficiency with advanced technical skills in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Food procurement experience, risk management experience, or livestock production experience preferred.
Strong leadership and communication experience.
Strong proficiency in the use of technology to simplify & automate transactions and a demonstrated ability to learn and master new software applications.
Must possess strong analytical skills for use on industry assessments, financial assessments, and cost modeling.
Background and studies in agriculture or related field.
Strong commitment to customer service excellence.
Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and communicate at a high level across multiple functions.
Working knowledge of production agriculture and commodity markets.
Hillshire Brands focuses on providing meat-centric food products that satisfy consumer appetites and offer exceptional quality and value. The flagship brands of our reinvigorated company include Ball Park, Gallo Salame, Hillshire Farm, Jimmy Dean and State Fair. In addition, the company produces the well-loved Sara Lee frozen desserts. The Hillshire Brands foodservice division serves our portfolio of products to restaurants, schools, convenience stores, healthcare facilities, hospitality venues and other food service operations. Collectively, these brands generate approximately $4 billion in revenue as they touch millions of consumers in North America.
At Hillshire Brands, we believe that careers are as unique as individuals. That's why we offer employment opportunities that give you ownership of your career. All employees have a voice, and your ideas are valued. As an employee of the company, your individual contributions will make a significant impact on our overall success. Our organization benefits from the passion of individuals working together, so as an employee of Hillshire Brands you will have an opportunity to further develop your skills, gain new experiences and build new capabilities.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Hillshire Brands - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Hillshire Brands Company (NYSE: HSH) is the nation's leader in meat-centric food solutions for the retail and foodservice markets. The...