The Army's Family, Morale, Welfare and Recreation (FMWR) vision is to enhance the Soldiers', Families', Civilians' and Military Retirees' quality of life. If you are searching for an exciting and rewarding career serving our Soldiers and Families, then FMWR Non-appropriated Fund (NAF) is the place for you.
This position is assigned to the Support Services Branch for CYSS.
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
Intermittent/Flexible positions may work up to 40 hours per week.
Crafts and Trades employees will receive step increases progressively starting with step 1 ($10.77 per hour) and ending with step 5 ($12.58 per hour).
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
- Positions in a Childcare Facility require Supplemental Application Form
- DA 3433-2 must be signed, dated, and uploaded and High School Dipl or equiv
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks IAW AR 215-3 required
- Local commuting area applicants will NOT be required to relocate
Assigned to a Child and Youth Services facility. Provides assistance and support to the staff in maintaining and up keeping of the facility grounds and related equipment. Duties require the use of trade practices associated with carpentry and painting as well as work involving motor vehicle operations.
Incumbent performs a variety of tasks involving the maintenance and minor repairs of the building and other associated equipment. Prepares and submits work orders for repairs requiring additional expertise.
Performs minor grounds maintenance to include ensuring entrances and exits are free from debris and surfaces under equipment and structures are maintained according to safety requirements. Monitors access to the facility and grounds to ensure security is maintained.
Drives government provided vehicles to pick up and deliver supplies and food from the original source to the facility. Drives government vans with a capacity of 15-55 passengers to transport children/youth on field trips or to and from school or accompanies walking children to/from school.
In absence of dedicated kitchen personnel, incumbent delivers, and serves light meals/snacks.
Includes other job related duties as assigned.
Position requires the skills and knowledge to perform a variety of tasks involved in the upkeep of buildings, grounds, and related structures, fixtures, and utilities. Must be skilled in use and operation of common and standard hand and power tools (e.g. lawnmowers, weed eaters, vacuum cleaners etc.), and measuring devices of the carpentry and painting trades. Performs visual examinations and operational tests to determine the need for basic repair work. Must have knowledge and skills to operate and maintain government assigned vehicles and make judgments concerning loading and arranging cargo, routes, care for passengers, dealing effectively with people in a hospitable manner, following maps etc. Knowledge of required regular preventive maintenance in maintaining these vehicles and the ability to detect developing maintenance problems. Skills in defensive driving and adjusting driving conditions to road conditions and the vehicle being driven. Skills in reading, writing, and speaking English required to perform the tasks associated with this job in a safe and satisfactory manner. Knowledge of sanitation standards and procedures to prevent cross contamination when working with food items. Knowledge of commonly used rules, procedures, and operations pertaining to the basic safety and security of the assigned area and the people, facility, and equipment within the area of responsibility. Be able to lift and carry items up to 50 pounds frequently and items that are heavier with the assistance of other employees or lift equipment. Must have the physical, mental, oral, visual, and audio ability at a level to assure the duties described are performed in a safe and satisfactory manner.
Demonstrated skills in successfully operating standard tools.
Requires a valid state driver's license to operate a 15 passenger vehicle OR requires a commercial driver's license (CDL) with no restrictions to operate a 24 passenger vehicle.
High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma required. Ability to communicate in English at a level to assure the duties described can be accomplished in a safe and satisfactory manner.
Conditions of employment:
1. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
3. All required background checks of AR 215-3, must be successfully completed and maintained including Child and Youth National Agency Check with Inquiries (CNACI); to include a health assessment is required and will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
4. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
5. Possession of a valid driver's license to operate government vehicles to include a passenger van with a capacity for transporting 15 people including the driver is required.
6. This position is covered by the DA Drug-Free Federal Workplace Program. Incumbent is required to sign a DA Form 5019-R, Condition of Employment for Certain Civilian Positions identified Critical under the DA Drug-Free Federal Workplace Program.
7. All applicants must complete a DA Form 3433-1 (Supplemental Application Form) as a condition of employment.
8. Immunizations are required as a condition of employment for the health and safety of those in the facility as determined by a medical authority. Already immune individuals based on documented receipt of vaccine series or physician diagnosed illness, or those subject to religious exemption, or medical contraindication are exempt from this requirement.
9. This position involves shift work (afternoons/nights and weekends as scheduled by the Support Services Branch Chief).
10. Direct deposit is required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Minimum Qualifications, Physical, License, and Education Requirements; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities.
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
Intermittent/Flexible employees are not entitled to benefits.
To successfully claim veteran's preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...