L-3 STRATIS is among the largest divisions of global defense leader, L-3. We provide cybersecurity, intelligence, and enterprise information technology services and solutions to the Intelligence Community; the Department of Defense; U.S. federal civilian, state, and local government agencies; and international customers.
L-3 STRATIS is proud of our many long-term partnerships with our customers. We take their missions as our own, always aiming to improve our level of service. Our employees take pride in their consistent application of industry best practices and their ongoing dedication to the highest standards of business ethics - reflected in our motto,
Powered by Excellence
. We offer a competitive benefits package for Full time and Part time employees to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long and short term disability and company paid life insurance, 401(k) Employee Stock Purchase Plan, referral bonuses and tuition reimbursement.
L-3 Communications STRATIS has an opening for a Senior Software Engineer opportunity supporting our Tetra team in the Washington Metro Area. This position is contingent upon customer approval.
Senior Software Engineer: Develops, creates, and modifies general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions. Designs software or customizes software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. May analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team. Researches, designs, develops, and tests operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific, and general computing applications. Sets operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements. Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
Analyzes and develops computer systems possessing a wide range of capabilities, including numerous engineering, business and records management functions. Develops plans for automated information systems from project inception to conclusion including systems requirements determination. Designs software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses and manages their implementation. Manages software development and support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques.
Analyzes user interfaces, maintain hardware and software performance tuning, analyze workload and computer usage, maintain interfaces with outside systems, analyze downtimes, analyze proposed system modifications, upgrades and new COTS. Defines the problem, and develops system requirements and program specifications, from which programmers prepare detailed flow charts, programs, and tests. Coordinates closely with programmers to ensure proper implementation of program and system specifications. Develops, in conjunction with functional users, system alternative solutions.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan computer specifications and layouts, and peripheral equipment modifications.
- Review existing programs and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improve current techniques.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Obtain and evaluate information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration.
- Estimate software development costs and schedule.
- Consult with customers about software system design and maintenance.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Supervise the work of programmers, technologists and technicians and other engineering and scientific personnel.
- Consult with engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, develop specifications and performance requirements and resolve customer problems.
- Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures.
- Consult with customers or other departments on project status, proposals and technical issues such as software system design and maintenance.
- Advise customer about, or perform maintenance of software system.
- Coordinate installation of software system.
- Monitor functioning of equipment to ensure system operates in conformance with specifications.
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- Confer with data processing and project managers to obtain information on limitations and capabilities for data processing projects.
- Prepare reports and correspondence concerning project specifications, activities and status.
- Evaluate factors such as reporting formats required, cost constraints, and need for security restrictions to determine hardware configuration.
- Train users to use new or modified equipment.
- Utilize microcontrollers to develop control signals, implement control algorithms and measure process variables such as temperatures, pressures and positions.
- Recommend purchase of equipment to control dust, temperature, and humidity in area of system installation.
- Specify power supply requirements and configuration.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing to include background checks.
Clearance: TS/SCI with successfully completed polygraph or ability to successfully complete a polygraph.
Candidate must have one of the following:
US Security Clearance Required
- 10 Years of job related experience and a High School/GED diploma
- 8 Years of job related experience and an Associate degree
- 4 Years of job related experience and a Bachelors degree
- 3 Years of job related experience and a Masters degree
- 2 Years of job related experience and a Doctorate
Day - 1st
L-3 Communications - 2 years ago
L-3 GCS believes a satellite communications system is more than the sum of its parts. The systems integrator resells satellite telephones...