The Club Manager (CM) ensures that all membership, fitness and service functions within the club provide the best member experience, team member environment, and achieve financial success. In doing so, the CM recruits, hires, trains and develops a diverse, high performance team that delivers on company goals and reflects its values.
Reports to the District Manager (DM)
- Responsible for communicating and upholding company standards and leading by example for delivering the 24 Hour Fitness Service Promise; manage a clean, friendly and well maintained club. Ensure that team leaders create a culture of service and team members consistently execute the service promise.
- Acts as the key point of accountability for club financial performance and the club experience.
- Responsible for the successful attainment of club targets (e.g. member service, cleanliness, revenue, and retention).
- Models team expectations by interacting and observing members / team members, checking the details of member experiences, making recommendations and proactively solving problems.
- Executes against a budget with specified revenue, expense, profit, and headcount amounts, and leads the execution of company programs and policies at the club.
- Ensures that a standard operating platform is tailored to market conditions and reflects the 24 Hour Fitness corporate values, programs, and SOPs.
This position directly manages the following positions inside the club:
This position conducts general oversight of vendor relationships
- Service Manager* (SM)
- Membership Manager* (MM)
- Fitness Manager* (FM)
- Facility Technician (FT)
- Depending on the revenue category of the club, some of these positions may be consolidated, and / or these positions may be Assistant Managers, all of which would still report to the CM.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The CM is responsible for performing the following activities for the club:
Planning [15-30% of time]
Participate and provide club specific input into the development of the club P&L and operating plan. To achieve this objective, the CM will:
Staffing and Development [50% of time]
- Set monthly club Membership, Fitness and Service targets. Provide weekly feedback to DM on club goals and budgets
- Establish priorities and goals, including revenue targets for membership, fitness and labor for the club
- Identify and plan the execution of improvement in the club
- Supervise and set priorities and goals directly for the Facilities Technician, in partnership with the Regional Facilities Manager
- Provide input and report monthly results to the DM regarding the club P&L
Maintain a fully engaged and high performing team that aligns with company values and goals. To achieve this objective, the CM will plan and execute the following responsibilities:
Club Management [35% of time]
- Recruit, interview & hire department managers
- Provide consistent accountability for direct reports through training, coaching, conducting planning sessions and performance reviews. Recognize good performance and discipline when necessary
- Provide final approval on the hiring / dismissal / discipline of all club employees
- Conduct weekly (or as-needed) club meetings with direct reports to review performance and offer direction, motivation and guidance toward achieving individual and company goals
- Provide developmental coaching and guidance for long-term career growth opportunities to all direct reports
- Coordinate with the human resources department to implement training programs for all club employees
- Supervise and direct regular training sessions of all staff ensuring that all club employees are trained in service, fitness or membership SOPs and other company policies, including loss prevention, employment and human resources policies. Coach and develop all department heads and club staff on servicing members and functional capabilities
- Handle all employee pay issues within company guidelines using appropriate resources
- Manage team member relations by creating a team culture. Partner with Human Resources when necessary in resolving conflicts among team members within the club.
- Instill a sense of common responsibility and teamwork across club functions to improve the member and team member experience. Ensure that Membership, Service and Fitness Managers and Assistant Managers are ‘cross-trained’ on the fundamental aspects of each others’ positions. Devise and conduct team building activities
Establish a fun, safe, healthy, and community-focused club culture that delivers high member satisfaction and achieves maximum profitability. To achieve this objective the CM will:
Sales and Service [0-15% of time]
- Establish a member centric environment by ensuring the execution of 24 Hour Fitness Member Service guidelines among all club employees
- Be a role model for member service behavior by walking through club and collecting member feedback to identify training and development opportunities for team members
- Resolve elevated club member concerns; conduct on-the-spot ‘lessons learned’ to prevent them from reoccurring
- Monitor club appearance and ensure problems are resolved expeditiously
- Lead direct reports to agreed performance goals
- Provide performance and progress reports to DM on club goals and budgets
- Perform regular review, edits and overtime approval in the Company’s Time & Labor system
- Ensure company and divisional SOPs, programs and promotions are efficiently executed
- Execute administrative and reporting duties
- Provide for the safety of employees, members and club property
Provide leadership support in the areas of Membership, Fitness and Service.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Certifications / Education Level:
- Experience managing P&L and trend reports, or demonstrated math analytical / ratio skills
- Knowledge of fitness industry
- Experience coaching teams
- Leadership skills
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification required
- 24 Hour Fitness certification for Fitness, Sales and Service
- 2-3 years of progressive management experience supervising 3-10 employees
- 3-5 years of broad retail/hospitality/service industry experience
- Prior experience in the three 24 Hour Fitness club departments: Sales, Service, & Fitness preferred, cross functional training across other jobs/roles at minimum.
- Experience and familiarity with managing to a P&L preferred
- Operations management experience preferred
- Consultative sales experience preferred
- Ability to work in club office; move about club floors and rooms; review, revise, create club paperwork; communicate with employees, members, and the public
- Travel: Must be able to travel by car and airplane up to 10% of the time
- Ability to access and operate Company computer system including prepare documents, enter data into computer system, read reports from a computer data base or email system
- While performing the duties of this job, regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts
- Ability to work a varied schedule to support the needs of the business, including frequent extended workdays, and weekends and holidays may be required
24 Hour Fitness - 3 years ago
Boynton Beach, FL
- 4 days ago
Boca Raton Regional Hospital
Boca Raton, FL
Boca Raton Regional Hospital
- 13 hours ago
- 4 days ago
24 Hour Fitness Worldwide, the world's largest privately owned and operated fitness center chain, began as a one-club operation in 1983....