This is a generic posting to receive applications in order to create a classified substitute applicant pool for the 2012-13 school year. Applying for this position gives the opportunity to be considered for a substitute position; this does not guarantee employment.
Selected applicants will be contacted by the Substitute Office to schedule the attendance of a Substitute Introduction. At the introduction, attendees will:
IMPORTANT : our communication, including the invitation to an orientation, is done through email. Please be sure that your email is correct in your online application.
- View a presentation about substituting in the Boise School District
- Receive new-hire paperwork such as an I-9 and W-4. Applicants must bring their social security card and photo identification for I-9 and payroll purposes.
- Be fingerprinted for an FBI criminal background check (there is a $40 fee for fingerprinting and may take up to 1 week for results)
To be considered for the classified substitute pool, applicants must complete the online classified application.
For more information regarding substituting, please visit our web site at http://www.boiseschools.org/jobs/substitute.html
$65 per full day (assignments over 4 hours in duration)
$32.50 per half day (assignments up to 4 hours in duration)
2012-2013 School Year
- Graduation from high school or equivalent, 48 college credit hours, OR Associates degree or higher, OR successful completion of the ETS Paraprofessional Praxis Exam preferred.
- Provide assistance to teachers and students in the classroom;
- Assist students with homework assignments, tutoring, supplemental instruction, special projects and in preparing for quizzes or exams
- Demonstrate patience in working with students of varying abilities and disabilities
- Operate classroom instructional equipment, standard office equipment, and a personal computer using programs appropriate to assigned duties
- Ability to type accurately at 20 wpm, if required.
- Ability to operate office machines and/or audio-visual equipment, as required.
- Ability to prepare and/or maintain accurate records/files, as assigned.
- Ability to correctly use English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to organize work and work schedule.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with district personnel, students, and the public.
- Ability to maintain and demonstrate a positive attitude toward students and learning.
- Some positions may require sufficient personal mobility, agility, strength, and reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to assist students with physical and personal care needs including toileting, feeding, transferring, pushing, and to lift, move or reposition objects or students that may weigh up to 50 pounds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Substitute positions may or may not be filled depending upon district need.
Boise School District
- 2 years ago - save job