EON Program Evaluator (PE) will be responsible for program evaluation, including developing logic models for programs, evaluation design, instrument design and validation, data collection, statistical analysis and interpretation, as well as preparation of reports and publications. The PE will coordinate development and implementation of NEON’s Education and Public Engagement (EDU) evaluation plans including, but not limited to, existing NEON EDU programs --Citizen Science, Internship Program, and Undergraduate content modules. The PE will coordinate the development of measures for assessing implementation and outcomes of existing programs and new programs as they are developed. An important part of this effort will be in collecting and analyzing data to assess NEON EDU program impact on a variety of audiences including K-12 educators (formal and informal), university students and instructors, the general public, scientists, and other program stakeholders. The PE will work closely with NEON EDU management and with contractors hired to provide external evaluation of annual progress towards program goals. The PE will work out of NEON HQ offices in Boulder, Colorado.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conducts preliminary evaluation requirements analyses and develops logic models for all NEON EDU programs.
• Works with NEON EDU management and staff to develop metrics and embed impact assessments into online learning, citizen science programs, professional development for educators, learning materials and modules, internship programs, and research investigations.
• Serves as principal point of contact with external evaluators and forms partnerships as appropriate with university-based researchers to extend capacity for conducting evaluation research.
• Develops, selects, or adapts assessment instruments, strategies and rubrics to measure program outcomes.
• Plans, manages, and participates in large-scale data collection efforts in the context of studies, data mining, surveys, interviews, and focus groups as appropriate.
• Works with NEON EDU staff to assess and insure quality of NEON products and services.
• Provides data that will assist in the dissemination of NEON EDU products and services.
• Constructs measures according to professional standards for assessment development and validation
• Conducts data analysis including descriptive statistics and advanced statistical applications.
• Provides both formative feedback to program and comprehensive summative reports.
• Develops presentations of evaluation results for internal and external audiences.
• Develops program improvement processes that make use of evidence from evaluation research and that will enhance learning (formal and informal), instruction, and engaging the public in ecological understanding.
• Represent NEON EDU activities at conferences, meetings and other appropriate events to network, share resources, and establish/maintain partnerships .
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
• M.S. degree in Science education with at least 5 year’s relevant evaluation experience.
• Thorough knowledge of STEM education evaluation methodologies, research, and tools as well as familiarity and experience in evolution of online programs and courses.
• Knowledge of participatory approaches to evaluation, including collaborative development of logic models and gathering input from multiple stakeholders
• Proven ability to conceptualize, plan, and implement, high quality evaluation at multiple program levels with diverse program constituents.
• Knowledge of modern measurement techniques for constructing measures and performing analyses of the technical qualities of measures (e.g., Item Response Theory)
• Demonstrated skill and experience analyzing and interpreting both quantitative and qualitative data and synthesizing findings.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Proven organizational and time-management skills
• Ability to balance self-directed work while being an effective member of an interdisciplinary team
• Ability to communicate effectively while working in a team environment
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills and ability to be detail oriented
• Expertise in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Demonstrated ability to write and edit scientific information for a general audience
• Understanding of instructional approaches for informal and formal education audiences
Preferred Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
• Preferred Ph.D. in education evaluation with significant STEM evaluation experience
NEON Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled Persons are encouraged to apply.
NEON, Inc. - 11 months ago