BlueCoat Systems has an immediate need for a Linux systems administrator to join our cloud services team. In this position you will be responsible for preparing of servers, network equipment and related devices for production use in our data centers. You will be installing software, validating functionality and will work with the operations team to ensure that all related support tools (monitoring, asset mgmt. and remote access) are functioning properly.
· Uses configuration management tool to install and configure of OS and applications for physical and virtual servers
· Validates proper function of installed systems
· Maintains inventory of equipment and parts as well as documentation of vendor activities
· Helps manage support and maintenance relationships with vendors for remote break-fix issues
· Assists with the inventory management of software licenses, software, hardware, and contracts.
· Assists with the purchase of software, hardware and other supplies.
· At least 2 years experience in application support, troubleshooting issues, resolving issues and maintaining a healthy, stable environment
· At least 2 years experience in Linux/UNIX admin support (Ubuntu)
· At least 2 years experience in Web servers and application servers (Apache, Tomcat)
· At least 2 years experience in scripting (Bash, Perl)
· Able to lift 60lbs
· Strong analytical, inter-personal and communication skills
· Self-driven and self-motivated
· Works well both alone or in a team setting
· Able to organize and prioritize tasks and use of time
· Basic network experience
· Familiarity with Cisco and Juniper switches, routers and firewalls is a plus
· Familiarity with MySQL 5.x is a plus
Some travel required
· Minimum Education: Associate’s Degree in an information technology related field
· Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree in an information technology related field
Blue Coat Systems - 12 months ago