This is approximately a 3-month temporary position requiring a VMware expert with strong Linux experience. The contractor will assist the development team in building a virtualized appliance ecosystem hosted on VMware ESX. This virtual ecosystem will support high speed networking combined with large-scale database integration delivering a best-of-breed web security appliance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configure Linux Debian guests using VMware 5.x
- Intra-host networking configuration; including routing and bridging traffic
- Tune large scale database systems
- Optimize hardware components for virtual environments
- Create and optimize virtual appliance configurations
- Manipulate ESX configurations establish new VM hosts, reconfigure networks, modify datastore
- Other duties as required
Experience and Requirements:
- 5-8 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in related field and/or equivalent education/experience.
- Expert level VMware knowledge
- Strong Linux knowledge and experience
- Strong experience configuring Linux Debian guests under VMware 5.x
- Experience with complex intra-host networking configuration, including routing and bridging traffic amongst vas
- Experience tuning of large scale database systems (Postgres experience preferred) hosted on Linux virtual machines
- Experience optimizing hardware components for virtualized environments (NICs, HBA/SCSI, CPU configuration, etc...)
- Experience creating and optimizing virtual appliance configurations
- Experience programmatically manipulating ESX configurations through external scripting languages (i.e. establishing new VM hosts, reconfiguring networks, modifying datastore etc...)
EdgeWave - 2 years ago