Festival People en Español — the nation's largest annual gathering focused on Hispanic music, entertainment, community and culture — is seeking an experienced freelance digital editor to curate and manage its digital channel for a freelance project February - October 2013. The ideal candidate has experience in marketing, and will bring to the table creative ideas and solutions for the festival and its sponsors combined with the editorial skills to make content feel organic, fresh, and social for users. Although at its core the channel provides a service to festival-goers, giving them information on everything from stage schedules to hotels to tickets, the goal is to make PeopleEnEspanol.com/festival a site that draws attention and repeat visits with fun content about festival talent, photos and video and social conversations among fans who are passionate about this one-of-a-kind annual experience in San Antonio, TX. Success = increased traffic, deeper user engagement, and ticket sales.
Past experience in custom publishing, advertorials or copywriting is a plus. Familiarity with music, pop culture, social media and the Hispanic market are key. Candidate must be bilingual, with ability to read and write in Spanish. Must have intermediate knowledge of Photoshop and publishing of web-based content.
• Managing the daily content of the Festival channel i.e.
o Concert: concert artist pages, line up and talent announcement and news
o Programming: day production/content, i.e. speakers and talent and on-site brand activation and fan connection, etc
o How to attend the event: this channel connects to all aspects of attending the event, i.e. travel, site locations/maps, what to do in host city, etc
o Partnership and support: connecting the user to the sponsors, booth vendors and other partners
• Working closely with the Promotions, Editorial and PR teams to roll out festival news and talent announcements.
• Collaborate with Marketing and Editorial to run point on social media responsibilities. This includes developing ideas on how to continuously interact with and engage both fans and talent in the Festival conversation Programming and constantly updating the homepage, paying close attention to visuals and display copy and highlighting the right content at the right time.
• Maintaining an up-to-date editorial calendar of festival-related content.
• In collaboration with PeopleEnEspanol.com editors, securing content from talent — conducting Q&As, getting video interviews and soundbites, etc.
• Working with the marketing and sponsorship teams, plus the project manager, to launch sponsored digital elements (including contests/sweepstakes, marketing video, and more).
• Making smart use of assets, including photography and video from Festival People en Español 2012 and content from sites such as Vevo and You Tube,
• Curating landing pages for mainstage artists, including bios, playlists, relevant articles and galleries from PeopleEnEspanol.com, and links to performers' social media pages.
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is one of the world's leading media companies, with a monthly global print audience of over 120 million and worldwide...