A Team Lead / Principle Engineer must have enthusiasm and diligence for both their specific field of expertise as well as continuous improvement.
Responsible to develop and lead the electronics team through appropriate training, guidance, stimulation of ideas and help with solutions to problems. Determining the specifications for a new tool from operational requirements and assessing its engineering feasibility. Coordinating the design plan from initial feasibility study through to its release as a "Production Tool". Sustaining design and documentation changes for Commercial products through the use of normal engineering systems.
Project Management of design work - ensure the agreed scope of work is undertaken, estimate reasonable completion timescales and monitor progress. Advise deviations from schedules.
Develop team spirit and motivation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinating the design programme in accordance with ISO design procedures
- Complete tool design from concept to manufacture
- product specification
- feasibility/initial design drawings
- material and parts selection
- manufacture drawings
- detailed specification
- Propose, schedule and implement product development plans.
- Project management of all design work including the monitoring and controlling project costs
- Supervise that project design documentation is generated and stored in accordance with ISO procedures
- Provision of guidance and instruction for design engineers and other subordinates as required
- Authorization of manufacture drawings created by designers and draughtsmen
- Supervising and coordinating initial assemblies, field trials and reporting for new designs
- Training of technical personnel
BSc or MSc in Mechcanical Engineering or related Degree
3-8 years relevant experience in a similar design / development role
10+ yrs Equivalent expereince without degree
Downhole tool electronics / electromechcanical design and validation experience preferred
ISO drawing and design standards
Experience of Microsoft suite of Products
Solidowrks or similiar MCAD software - desired
Familiarity with Electromechcanical Systems Development and Validation
Basic knowledge of all company products
Basis Directional Drilling / Meaurements / Drilling Vibrations
Understanding of drilling operations
Good communication skills (oral and written)
US TX Stafford 10302 Mula Rd
10302 Mula Road
National Oilwell Varco - 17 months ago
National Oilwell Varco is the tool man that provides goods and services to exploration and production companies operating in oil patches...