The Application process consists of three (3) sections (Preferences, Education and Work Experience & related Questions and Referral Information). Each section collects valuable information about your background. If these are not completed, your application may be considered incomplete and not considered.
After the Profile and the optional Resume Upload steps, on the next page, be sure to click the blue ' Next ' link that is in the blue bar across the screen.
For Current Aurora Caregivers: Employees must as well complete the Preference, Education and Work History & related Questions sections including your current position with Aurora Health Care. If you do not include this information, your application may not be considered .
Imagine Yourself Here...
At Aurora Health Care we believe that each of us can use our knowledge, experience and creativity to help people live well. We’re a non-profit organization with a clear vision of providing people with better health care than they can get anywhere else. Our strength stems from teamwork and collaboration among a talented and diverse group of professionals.
- This position will support 4 WAMG satellite locations in terms of working the Care Management patient registries.
- This position will also help support our MU goal for My Aurora as well as promoting Aurora Pharmacies in terms of utilizing Central Fill
- Prepares and rooms the patient for exam by obtaining vital signs and documenting/updating pertinent health information (i.e. chief complaint, allergies, medications).
- Performs laboratory procedures (i.e. strep test, wound culture, specimen collection, etc.) using principles of aseptic technique and standard precautions / infection control guidelines.
- Assists the physician/provider with procedures and surgeries such as pelvic exams, allergy scratch testing, EMG, cautery, colposcopy, etc.
- Administers routine medications, under physician/provider orders, including: immunizations, antibiotics, pain medications, vitamins and topical agents.
- Provides basic patient education on the performance of routine tasks or skills.
- Follows through with necessary procedure or test requests, prescription refills, new appointment times and referrals to other facilities or services.
- Refers questions to registered nurses and physicians/providers per scope of practice guidelines and relays information back to patient as directed.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers certification issued by the American Heart Association (AHA). May obtain within 6 months based on department discretion.
- Advanced training beyond High School in Medical Assisting.
- Demonstrated competency in performing skills such as: injections, immunizations, EKG, obtaining vital signs, routine medication administration, aseptic technique and infection control guidelines.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills; ability to develop rapport and maintain positive, professional relationships with a variety of patients, staff and physicians.
- Proficient computer skills including keyboarding, navigation within a windows operating system, and use of electronic mail with exposure to electronic medical records systems.
Strongly prefer 2-3 years of prior clinical expeirence
Monday through Friday 8:30 am until 5:00 pm.
This position will support 4 WAMG satellite locations in terms of working the Care Management patient registries
This position will also help support our MU goal for My Aurora as well as promoting Aurora Pharmacies in terms of utilizing Central Fill
525 Kenosha Street
Walworth , WI
Aurora HealthCare - 10 months ago
Aurora Health Care is a not-for-profit Wisconsin health care provider and a nationally recognized leader in efforts to improve the quality...