The selected candidate for this position will be a member of the Tellabs hardware team in Naperville, responsible for development, testing and supporting of 7100 optical transport modules. Must be experienced in high speed digital design of complex circuits, including advanced techniques for signal integrity and high density circuit boards. Responsibilities include:
- Work with system level architects, product planning and sourcing to assist in the definition and hardware architecture of next generation modules. Must be very familiar with latest technology of FPGAs and application specific devices.
- Lead and/or participate in team of module designers responsible for very high speed, complex, and dense circuit packs with the latest technologies and challenges. Must be proficient in tools and techniques necessary to implement very complex module designs, including focus on power, signal integrity, layout and routing, etc.
- Work with optical and module designers to ensure electrical and optical interfaces meet functionality and performance requirements.
- Work with component and sub-assembly suppliers to resolve product issues and ensure that product is validated prior to customer delivery.
- Help analyze and resolve customer network and product issues, including working directly with customer when needed.
Requires a bachelors degree in engineering or other technical degree and a minimum of 5 years experience or masters and 3 years experience.
- Minimum 5 yrs experience in complex circuit pack/module design and technology
- Proven laboratory testing, measurement and analysis skills
- Emphasis on continual learning of new technologies and customer needs
- Ability to work in a very high technology and dynamic environment with emphasis on teamwork and customer satisfaction
Tel Labs - 15 months ago