Generation of budgeted top line revenue and RevPAR/RevPAS for the hotel through a successful revenue management strategy.
1. Lead, train and mentor sales staff including hiring, coaching development, performance evaluations, disciplinary actions and terminations.
2. Perform as the driver of all revenue and ensure quarterly and annual revenue goals are achieved for the hotel.
3. Develop sales action plans, and forecast and evaluate trends to modify strategies that will enhance revenues effectively.
4. Ensure hotel participation in all brand revenue management initiatives.
5. Assist in the production of annual hotel business plan.
6. Develop and maintain departmental budget.
7. Lead property revenue meetings always insuring revenue maximization and profit in all areas.
8. Ensure that hotel credit procedures and audit guidelines are followed.
9. Timely submission of required reports to General Manager, Regional Vice President and JQH Corporate Office.
10. Maintain good rapport with local civic groups and companies.
11. Develop and maintain good relationship with JQH Corporate Sales and Marketing staff.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheet, and familiarity with brand specific property Management System(s).
2. Ability to exercise excellent communication, presentation, organization, time management and listening skills.
3. Ability to use analytical skills for measuring business potential and value to the hotel.
4. Ability to successfully interact with all levels of customers and hotel management.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field
- Minimum 3 years hotel sales experience or the equivalent amount of industry experience; OR equivalent level of education and work experience.
- Possess a valid driver's license and be able to drive to customer appointments.
In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, John Q Hammons Hotels is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.