This position is responsible for the management and coordination of the day-to-day activities of the CIGNA Pharmacy Management Clinical Account Management and Sales Segment Support team. Develops and implements pharmacy account strategies for CPM in conjunction with Sales Segments. The team is responsible for developing and presenting clinical program recommendations, outcomes analysis and retaining existing clients. The Leader, Pharmacy Clinical Account Management and Sales Segment Support actively participates in the development and implementation of Cigna Pharmacy Management's strategy, goals, objectives, plans, and policies. Develops and implements new operations procedures and systems. Enhances existing processes to achieve optimal efficiency. This position will report to the President of CIGNA Pharmacy Management.
This role does require the following:
Responsible for developing and implementing clinical account management strategies for the Pharmacy clinical account management team and segment sales network. The current focus being on the National, upper Regional and Emerging Market Unit (TPA) business.
- Directs the activities of a team of Pharmacy Benefits Consultants and Clinical Account Managers.
- Develops overall membership and revenue growth targets for dissemination throughout the sales network in partnership with the segment sales teams.
- Manages an effective relationship with National/Regional Sales force to maximize pharmacy value proposition to ensure segment sales effectiveness and achieve segment growth and retention goals.
- Responsible for developing strategy to achieve/exceed assigned pharmacy sales segment to achieve client "up sell" business of pharmacy clinical programs to include Global Step Therapy, Exclusive Home Delivery Pharmacy, $-0- Co-Pay Preventative Generics, Narcotic & Psych.
- Effectively introduce new pharmacy clinical product and programs to ensure customer and client satisfaction and:
- Deliver pharmacy margin targets.
- Position Specialty Pharmacy as a competitive differentiator.
- Effectively communicates pharmacy value proposition to clients and consultants.
- Improve CPM value proposition
- Overall account management responsibility for assigned clients including responsibility for financial results, persistency results, membership and revenue growth, and the cultivation of producer/broker relationships.
- Advises CPM product lead and senior leadership team on market trends and launches new products.
- Drives end-to-end process that includes creation of pharmacy case strategy, process improvement, development of pipeline and win/loss analysis.
- Maximizes pharmacy awareness among designated consultants and brokers, including pharmacy practice leaders in conjunction with segment sales partners and Sales Effectiveness, including the Producer Relations organization.
- Ten years of experience in clinical account management or pharmacy benefit consulting.
- Specialty Pharmacy knowledge and experience.
- R.Ph. required; Pharm.D. preferred
- Demonstrated experience with consultative client management methodologies
- Operational understanding and competence with PBM claims adjudication systems
- Demonstrated leadership competency.
- Excellent communication, results orientation, strategic thinking and team orientation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in highly matrix organization and influence others.
- Experience in working within complex and matrix PBM and Medical Carrier environment
- Strong process improvement/ project management focus.
CIGNA - 16 months ago
With a significant position in the US health insurance market, CIGNA covers some 11.5 million Americans with its various medical plans. The...