This is a professional level technical and customer-service oriented position responsible for providing support for the Pace IT Network users. The role involves minimizing downtime by rapidly diagnosing and resolving problems. Requires 24/7/365 on-call support.
- Sets up new computing resources for users, and assists with requirements that are created in our growing business
- Manages incoming service requests on a regular basis and assist with helpdesk inquiries and desktop support tickets through Pace trouble ticket management system, phone calls and email
- Monitors the system components, specific jobs completion and the health of backups and respond to warnings and alarms. Invokes appropriate escalations
- Performs troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery and provides expert IT- Desktop support when necessary.
- Conducts specific procedures to proactively check the health and welfare of the Pace applications
- Troubleshoot desktop, network, telephone and applications issues, using remote access/VPN, manage applications on Pace employees’ computers
- Responds to help desk activities and escalate technical issues as necessary.
- Installs, maintains, troubleshoots and upgrades support systems hardware and software on both Windows PC and various Linux platforms as required
- Creates Office 365 accounts and synchronization using PowerShell Scripting
- Performs other work, as assigned.
- Microsoft Windows installation, account creation and maintenance, Ethernet and remote VPN services, file sharing concepts, printing) is required
- Excellent Microsoft Office and analytical skills; ability to generate statistical analysis from Pace trouble ticket management system is required
- Familiarity with data backup concepts and systems, including hardware, software, tape rotation and storage, etc. Basic understanding of common PC & workstation hardware components and connections is preferred
- Prior experience in exhibiting strong customer service skills are essential to
the position, as well as excellent telephone, listening, communication and
- Strong analytical and technical problem-solving abilities are essential to the
- Must have the ability to effectively deal with people at all levels throughout the organization.
- Must have the ability to learn and maintain a high level of knowledge of users’
- Must have a flexible approach to working practices and hours and demonstrate a
strong sense of urgency with regard to solving end-user issues.
- Must have thorough knowledge and experience in MS Windows Operating Systems.
- Must possess the ability to work independently with little supervision as well
as ability to work effectively as team member.
- Flexibility in scheduling and willingness to be contacted during non-business hours
for assistance. On-call rotation schedule is required.
- Candidates must have IT support experience in mid-size
corporate IT environment.
- 5+ years of experience as IT Support or Systems Administrator with extensive
experience in Local and Wide Area Networks.
- 3+ years of working experience in a large scale environment in a call center, help
desk or NOC environment
- 3-5 years of POP 3/IMAP4 email client troubleshooting, including Outlook, Evolution
- 3-5 years experience in managing all facets of Windows Active Directory
- 3-5 years’ experience of administering SQL Server, Exchange, AD & NetApp NAS
- 2-3 years of hands on RedHat Linux administration experience. Windows and Linux
expertise in DNS, DHCP, NTP, sendmail or postfix
- RedHat Fedora or Ubuntu Linux support experience is a plus
- Proven skills in following documented policies and procedures
- Familiarity with monitoring Big Brother, NetIQ and Quest as well as management of Veritas Backup Exec and BacBone backup is required
- Experience supporting video conferencing solutions is a major plus
MINIMUM PHYSICAL/VISUAL/HEARING ABILITIES
- Requires the ability to bend at waist and lift objects of 50+ pounds, in the handling of
work materials and equipment.
- Requires visual skills necessary for reviewing a considerable amount of written
materials for the accurate maintenance of information and records.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
COPY OF ANY REQUIRED CERTIFICATE OR DEGREE MAY BE REQUIRED PRIOR TO EMPLOYMENT
Apply for this job:
- Apply for this job online
- Email a friend this opportunity
2Wire - 14 months ago