Provides direct support to the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Land & Maritime Mechanical Test Laboratory to provide Production Control services by performing the following:
Provide Production Control for all projects assigned to the Mechanical Test Lab and provide monthly financial and progress reports. In the performance of this task, the Log IV will:
Manage and administer the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) for the Production Control facility:
Administer the Mechanical Test Laboratory Resource Management System:
- Control and track the flow of all project folders and exhibits while they are assigned to Production Control. This includes possessing advanced automated skills and advanced tracking measures to prepare detailed reports and spreadsheets to provide workflow management for all assigned projects.
- Generate reports, charts, spreadsheets, and other outputs as required by the Customer.
- Assign all project priority designators, delegate workload distribution, review and finalize all required reports.
- Closely coordinate with all customers to insure they are kept informed of relevant project status and issues.
- Monitor all significant activities related to workflow or other events related to LIMS and notify the customer as required.
Conduct special reports, including analysis and audits:
- Submit all financial and progress reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Closely monitor project cost and cycle time status.
- When appropriate, initiate corrective action or advise customer of recommended steps to resolve issues or problems.
- Generate reports/studies and conduct analysis.
Assist in the administration and provide analysis of the production and inventory control system:
- Plan, organize, and conduct special projects and studies as required.
- Assist with internal audits of non-technical areas of Production Control.
- Insure test reports are published and submitted to customers as quickly as possible.
- Support production control and inventory control personnel and engineers to insure that all processes are functioning properly.
- Recommend improvements when identified.
Prepare detailed cost estimates, related correspondence and production control performance reports and schedules:
- Generate complete and accurate cost estimates including cycle times. This includes obtaining input from all necessary sources as needed.
- Provide performance and/or historical data as required.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Production control experience in a manufacturing facility.
- Operate autonomously under broad general guidelines.
- Identify and resolve complex production control, logistical, and supply chain issues.
- Meet customer requirements by accomplishing monthly reports and metrics.
- Full knowledge of and capability, with training, of government data systems and Microsoft Office automated applications. Extensive knowledge in the advanced applications of Microsoft Excel is required.
- Ability to perform effective workflow management in a high demand environment.
- Evaluate current processes and recommend improvements.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- DoD or Industry experience in Production Control, Logistics Support or Supply Chain Management is a plus.
- Defense Logistics Agency experience is desired.
- Ability to interpret procurement and supply related regulatory procedures.
- Ability to collect and analyze data.
- Must be able to obtain and retain the appropriate government security clearance.
- This position will require a moderate amount of walking in the daily conduct of duties.
Education / Experience
- Minimum: AA (or equivalent) plus 6 years of experience in logistical systems analysis.
- Preferred: Eight years of logistics experience and an undergraduate degree.
Cherokee Information Services, Inc. - 16 months ago