Assurant Specialty Property is a leading provider of insurance services in partnership with financial institutions, mortgage lenders, manufactured home sellers, auto finance companies, property managers and their customers. Services include insurance tracking and management, lender-placed homeowners insurance, and property and personal coverage such as renters, farm and flood insurance. With more than 5,000 employees in 11 locations, Assurant Specialty Property serves clients and customers in all 50 states.
Assurant Specialty Property is part of Assurant, a premier provider of specialized insurance products and related services in North America and select worldwide markets. The four key businesses -- Assurant Solutions, Assurant Specialty Property, Assurant Health, and Assurant Employee Benefits -- partner with clients who are leaders in their industries and have built leadership positions in a number of specialty insurance market segments in the U.S. and select worldwide markets.
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $29 billion in assets and $8 billion in annual revenue. Assurant has approximately 14,500 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York's financial district. http://www.assurant.com/ .
The Director, Hazard Operations and Services for Loss Drafts reports to the VP of Hazard Operations & Services, Enterprise owner for cross –site Loss Draft processes within ASP. The position operates with a high level of independence in strategic planning & improvement as well as change leadership, and clear quantifiable business results to develop, promote and manage critical product and processes across Hazard Outsourcing Services. The position will work across sites directly with Directors of the functional (Loss Draft) processes and key partners to deploy, manage, control and improve key areas of product and process assignments across sites, at the enterprise level.
Direct responsibility for design/management & performance, control, and improvement goals-role comparison to: Program Manager for Large Scale System application areas or product/service program areas)
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Leadership, management and communication for Product/Process area -
- Performance to goals & gap assessment
- Process Capability to meet stakeholder requirements (Metrics/Dashboard Review)
- Focused improvement of the product/process – ie cost/quality/time/innovation
- Review for emerging/changing client or industry impact on the product/process
- Effective and timely communication to all key stakeholders – Monthly/Qtr. Review
- Effective management of process management deliverables
- Recognition/celebration for process results
- Proactive identification, recommendation, and implementation of Best Practices based on data, with opportunities for common practices across clients
- Leadership for deployment of sustainable and repeatable process management within assigned product/process areas
- Leadership for product & process goals: proactive identification, prioritization, goal setting and planning for improvements
- Lead product/process change within product/process area and across the organization.
- Directors, Process Management Team, Operational Site Leaders and internal support partners i.e. finance, improvement team, communication, HR, project leaders, to ensure acceptance, engagement, integration and sustainability
- Technical skills and application/coaching of technical skills associated with improvement (Black Belt Certification Preferred, or in progress)
- Mastery of software programs — PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Minitab preferred
- Proven experience within operational environment
- Demonstrated success with change and influence in matrix organizations
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred)
- Training, certification, application across improvement approaches (BB certification preferred)
- 10-15 years of business/operations experience, Mortgage Banking and/or Insurance experience preferred
- Proven ability to drive quantifiable business results
- Proven results associated with leading and driving change
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrated through past experience and results
- Proven ability to manage diverse elements of complex projects/processes for people, tasks, communication, change, etc. to drive optimal outcomes and results
- Strong project management and multi-tasking
- Proven strategic thinking/planning abilities
- Ability to work independently and with multiple levels of managers, associates, and clients
- Demonstrated credibility and trust established quickly within aligned process/program areas
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with ambiguity and multiple decision makers
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results – goal focused
Requisition Number: 33767
Assurant - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard
Assurant, Inc. (Assurant) is a holding company. Through its subsidiaries, it is engaged in providing specialized insurance products and...